High School Reunion [Bruce - Fluff]

A/N - the dress above is the dress you wear. Enjoy!

It was your 10 year school reunion tonight and you'd never felt more worried. You hadn't wanted to go but your close friend talked you into it. You weren't even friends with her at high school, but years after you'd left, you ended up working in the same cafe together and became close friends. She was a popular girl in school, whereas you were the exact opposite. You were the shyest, most socially awkward teenager in the school, and you were quite nerdy. This meant you didn't have any real friends, which was why you weren't too keen on going back.

You had a feeling you'd both arrive together, then she'd just disappear to speak to her old friends and you'd be left all by yourself. You had mentally prepared a list of all the people you could approach and talk to, and other than teachers you had the total number of 2 people. And that was assuming they'd even show up.
Either way, your friend had promised you she'd let you use her father's lab to test out one of your theories with his chemistry equipment. Being a sucker for science and not being financially stable enough to buy your own science utensils, you take any opportunity you get.

So here you are, pulling the dress that your friend had so 'kindly' picked out for you, over your body. Usually you were very reserved, and you were hardly invited to parties so dresses weren't a popular choice in your wardrobe. However, your friend would not take no for an answer when it came to this dress.
It was a black 'boob-tube' styled dress, with lace covering all of it. It pulled in at the waist to allow a flattering 'poofing out' affect around your hips. You had to admit it wasn't that bad, (y/f/n) had good taste.
The dress accentuated your curves and you actually thought you looked sexy for once. You had loosely curled your hair and added a little makeup to complete the look.

Before long you were in the cab with your best friend, heading to the location of the reunion. Your friend had informed you it was an open bar and it eased you a little knowing if things went terrible, you could just get drunk.

Upon arriving at the destination, you nervously shuffled into the room, careful not to draw attention to yourself. Luckily, all eyes were on your friend, and a crowd of old class-mates offering an array of "wow, look at you", "you look great", and "it's been so long" toward her. You took this opportunity and managed to sneak away. You knew the night would pan out like this, but you just didn't expect it so soon. You walked straight to the bar, finding comfort in a glass of wine. You wander around, hoping to find any familiar face among the crowd. You notice the usual groups of stereotypical pretty girls, jocks, and nerds.

You sip your wine, then feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn and see one of the jocks behind you. You remember his name as 'Jake' and he was very popular back in high school. He has aged well and is still quite attractive, however, he was a jerk to you back in school.

"Hey, it's (y/n), right?" He smirks.
"Oh, uh yeah, hi." You want anything but to be hit on by any of the jocks so you freeze up a little.
"You've changed... A lot." He leers, looking you up and down. "You got hot!"
"Oh, uh thanks." You blush, not used to compliments, especially ones that are so forward. He seems to evaluate you, and begins to speak again.
"We should get out of here, I know a bar down-"
You cut him off, wanting the conversation to be over quickly.
"I'd love to, but i don't think my boyfriend would be too happy." You lie to him, in the hope of him giving up.
"Your boyfriend doesn't need to know." He winks. You scoff at him and shake your head.
"Thanks, but no thanks."

You turn and walk away, leaving him standing alone. You decide to head back to the bar since you felt you needed to be a little more drunk to cope with this.

As you glance over to the bar, you spot a man sitting alone. Another man walks over and sits on the seat beside him. As you approach you notice the first man who was already sitting down glance at the second, before briskly getting up and leaving. It must have been a brash decision because mere seconds later the bartender returns with a drink for him, only to be met with an empty chair. As the man passed you, he looked.. scared.
You found this odd, but as you got to a close enough proximity, you realised the man who had sat down was Bruce Banner. He looked pretty sick of everything, and you felt that if there was anyone in this whole place who felt exactly like you, it'd be him.