b e n n y • i m a g i n e # 2

Benny imagine for radical80ss
(Y/b/f/n) = your best friend's name
________

Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez. The kid every girl swooned over. The kid every boy looked up to. The kid that every beast feared. The kid who was no longer on the market.

Just as he walked to the sandlot his eight friends, Squints, Yeah-Yeah, Smalls, Bertram, Kenny, Timmy, Tommy, and Ham swarmed him. Throughout the group, numerous "Is it True?'s" and "Are you really dating the Sophia?'s" floated about.

"Guys!" Benny snapped, catching their attention. "Who told you?"

"Everyone knows!" Timmy exclaimed.

"Everyone knows!" Timmy echoed.

"How?" he asked, flustered.

"(Y/b/f/n) told , I guess," Smalls shrugged.

"Yeah, yeah!" Yeah-Yeah agreed. "I seen her telling everything that breathed!"

Benny shook his head, obviously irritated with (Y/B/F/N)'s immature actions.

He started to walk off when Bertram called out, "Does she play baseball?"

"Yeah Benny, man. Does she?" Kenny asked.

You didn't play baseball, but he wanted his friends to approve of you, thus he lied. "Uhhhh, yeah!" he fibbed right through his teeth.

"Bitchin'!" Ham enthused. "You think she'll come play some ball with us?"

Benny didn't know what to do and panicked. "Ummmm," he hummed nervously. "Maybe next week! Anyway, I gotta go!" He told them and took off before they could argue.

Naturally, Benny being the good person he was, went straight to your house and told you what happened. He knocked nervously on your door.

Soon after you opened it and he looked a bit distressed. "Benny what's wrong?" you asked concernedly.

"Please don't get mad, but the boys asked if you played baseball and I lied. I told 'em you you did and that you'd play ball with us next week," he confessed. All you responded with was pursing your lips and scrunching your nose.

"Oh my God," he stressed. "I finally get the courage to ask out the Sophia and I screw it up the first day!"

"Benny, I'm not mad at you. I just don't know if I'll have time to learn, my mom always wants me to help her do stuff around the house. The only free day I have is tomorrow," you told him.

"Then can I teach you tomorrow? Please?" he asked, his hazel eyes begging.

"Yeah, I think that'd be fun," you smiled.

"Okay," he grinned, relieved. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow," you told him.

~Tomorrow, The Sandlot~

"Hi Sophia!" Benny greeted you a bit nervously.