Chapter 1

Authors note-I added that picture here because I feel as though this is what Phil would look like in this story. So yeah,

I sigh and lean on my hand, everyone ignoring me as usual. Since the event I like to refer to as "The Incident" happened, everything's gone haywire. I mean, I've tried talking to people about what happened, but the scream and run away. I'm not kidding, they literally scream and run away. Now, you're probably wondering, "come on, Phil. Why would anyone be scared of you?" Well, I'm a goddamn vampire, that's why! How else would I have managed to kill that guy with a simple tap? I tried time and time again to explain what happened and why, but no one listened. Not even my own friends. Well, I guess they're not my friends anymore. But let me tell you one thing; being ignored can and will change a person for the worst. I used to be bubbly and cheerful, always wearing bright colours and a wide smile. But now, I'm an irritable boy who never smiles and constantly wears the darkest shade of black I can find. I hate being ignored. It makes me feel like I'm a ghost; transparent and no one can see me. But there is sort of a plus side to only having my own company all the time. I never have to worry about falling in love with someone. That would be bad. Let's just say that falling in love with a human when you're a vampire doesn't turn out well in the end sometimes. People get hurt.

I move my position in my chair so I'm staring at the ceiling of the lunchroom instead of the table. I hear soft shuffling of feet that stop in front of my table, but I don't look at them.

"Uh, hi. C-can I sit here?" His voice is small and meek, he's probably quite shy. I shrug my shoulders in return and I hear the legs of a chair scuffing the the ground. I assume he's sat down and has started eating his lunch, but he speaks up "w-what's your name?"

"Phil Lester."

"That's a nice name. My name is Dan Howell. It's nice to meet you Phil" I finally look at him and oh my god, this boy is simply breathtaking; chestnut hair and chocolate eyes. Pink lips that are curled up into a small smile. He also has an adorable little dimple that peeks out even when he's not smiling that wide. Oh god, Phil. What are you going to do about him?

"Phil, a-are you okay?" I realize I must have been staring at him, so I blush and look at the table.

"Just fine. Why do you ask?" He sits there and shrugs.

"You were staring at me"

"Oops, sorry." Fuck, Phil why do you have to be so awkward? Next thing you know, your fangs will be coming out so you can do whatever to him. No, I'm not going to hurt him and that's final. This boy, is my soulmate, I can tell. Vampires have that sort of sense. I feel obligated to protect him at all points in life; no bullies, rude bosses, or even mean friends. But, this boy named Dan is human, which makes our relationship, or if we even make a friendship, a hard one.

"It's alright, I guess," he says smiling a bit at my awkwardness. I nod

I think this might just work.