Chapter 2

Authors note-yeah, so this is what I pictured Dan to look like a bit. Yeah.

"So, Phil. Why were you sitting alone?" There it is. The question that doesn't really have an answer, but also has million of them. I sigh and look at him, seeing that he is genuinely interested. I move around in my chair, making myself more comfortable. I take a deep breath before beginning.

"Alright. So, a few months back, I was the happy-go-lucky person I used to be; always smiling and laughing. But then, one day this guy came up to me and started to make fun of me and call me names about, you know, being gay." Dan's eyebrows raise.

"I got upset and mad at the same time, tears threatened to fall down my face, but instead I got angry. I mean utterly furious. I pinned the guy against the wall by his neck, lifting him off the ground a bit. I guess I just held him up there for too long and I killed him."

"But that's not the thing most people are scared about. They're scared that my eyes turned red and I only held the guy with one hand and this guy was at least double the size I am. Feared that if I ever got angry at them I could kill them as well. I tried talking to them and explaining it was an accident, but they won't listen! They just fucking ignore me or scream and run the other way. And quite frankly, I'm getting sick of it."  Dan sits there, looking at me both sympathetically and curiously, a mix of emotions that don't happen every often.

"Oh. I'm sorry" Dan says meekly, looking down at the table. "I-i shouldn't have brought it up. I'm sorry, Phil." I look at him. He's obviously ashamed of asking my about it.

"Hey, it's okay. You didn't know. It's okay" He looks back up at me, slightly fearful, but he nods.

"Wait, you said you held that dude with one hand? Mate, you must be, like, a superhero or something!" Dan squeals and I chuckles at his adorableness.

"Not quite. But you're on the right track" I wink at him. Wait, Phil. What is this guy doing to you? You're never usually this happy. There must be a reason why he's here and I think I know what it is.

Me and Dan are blood-mates.