Chapter 6

We arrive in the most boring class ever; History. I sigh loudly and sit in my usual seat at the back of the class with Dan in the one next to it. I groan.

"Why is history so boring Dan?" I put my head down on the desk and Dan giggles.

"Aww, someone doesn't like history much I see" I groan again and the teacher walks in. I pick my head up, not wanting to get in trouble.

"Good afternoon, class! I've got something interesting planned for today." Ugh, Mrs.Pentland's version of interesting isn't the usual definition of the word. "Today, we're going to be talking about the execution of vampires!" Wait...What? Vampires? Wait, execution?! I gulp and go wide eyed. Dan look at me, obviously concerned.

"Phil, you okay?" Dan asks genuinely. I nod and say that I'll be alright. 

"Okey dokey, so first off," Mrs. Pentland brings up a picture of a man and a woman both tied to different stakes with small fires forming beneath them both. I go wide eyed and bring a hand to my mouth. "We've got Emma and Frank Lester, convicted vampires sentenced to death by burning." I tear up, shaking my head a bit. "Emma and Frank had two sons, one named Martyn and the other's name is unknown. Martyn was also sentenced to death, but by guillotine." I start sobbing silently into my hands. "No one has ever seen their other son after the public execution. He could still be walking among us all today, really. He could be one of the people you pass by in the street everyday. Or the teller at the bank, perhaps." I keep sobbing as Mrs. Pentland moves on to different people. Dan looks at me, filled with concern. He speaks softly so only I can hear.

"Phil, was that your family?" I nod, weeping loudly which causes a few looks from the people around me. After all, no one's seen me cry. Ever. Dan reaches out and gently puts a small, dainty hand on my shoulder, attempting to comfort me. "Phil, I'm so sorry." I keep crying.

"They went on a trip to America and never came back. I-I just assumed that they decided to stay there," I sniffle and wipe my nose on my sleeve. The teacher looks at me.

"Phil, love, are you alright?"

"Sorry, Miss, but I think I should take Phil to the restroom, just to make sure he's alright." Dan says. "He gets a bit...anxious...about this kind of stuff." I nod and sniffle. She agrees to let us go and we head off to the bathroom. I slide down the wall and Dan sits down beside me.

"Phil, are you alright?" I nod and sniffle. 

"Yeah, I just miss them a lot. Living on your own with no contact with your family for 90 years, thinking that they're just on a trip only to find out they've been murdered, is a bit nerve racking" Dan looks at me in disbelief.

"You're 107 years old?!" Dan almost screams and I have to shush him.

"Yes, but that's not an issue.  Technically, I'm 17. In human years." He nods.

"Alright." The bell rings, signalling the next class. Great.

I wonder what else can go wrong today?

Author's Note- Okey dokey, so I write this at 3am so some of it my not make sense. Also, I was wondering about what I should call you guys. I've picked out some to choose from; Phanbabies, SparklyUnicorns, ColourBandits, or just fans?
Plus, since j haven't updated got a little while, I decided to upload another chapter to make yous all happy and shizzle.