III

So I have so many things to do tomorrow (Friday) and I'm swamped with work and didn't know when I'd be able to post this chapter so I'm posting it tonight (This will not be a thing hopefully -- I am still planning on updating every Friday)!!! If there are some brief spelling mistakes I apologize in advance haha - I will correct them just bare with me it's been a hectic week. Also happy thanksgiving to all my American readers!!

Cheers, xoxo

*Edited*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had just noticed him.

Leaning casually against one of the brick walls at the entrance of the alley was the silhouette of a young man. Emerging from beneath the depths of the twilight, his hair cascaded down his neck in dark thick strands, reminding Lily of the night sky, which poured over them like a web. His sharp features were beautifully defined by the shadows, mouth tweaked up in a smirk.

Confidence radiated from him as he pushed his hands further into the pockets of his black jacket. Then his eyes met her own. Lily felt as if her breath had been sucked dry as she gazed into the deep pools of green flame, scolding her under a blanket of dark lashes. She recognized him.

"Not much of a talker is she Ash?" Mused a second figure emerging behind the first. With a struggle, Lily tore her eyes from the dark looming figure to his companion. She could just make out the tousled blonde hair, as he stood casually beside his friend. He watched her like a cat, a Cheshire grin slinking across his face as he beamed in her direction.

Moving forward into the streetlights, his eyes focused in on Lily and the scene around her.

"Not everyone wants to talk to you Ren."

"Please, everyone wants to talk to me. I'm beautiful."

"I think you've met your match here," Ash stated, gesturing towards Lily who still sat motionless, dead body visibly on the ground beside her. Glancing over, the man's eyes had turned a frosty white; lifeless. No longer the monster she'd seen before.

"Maybe she's just enjoying the sight."

Ash's eyes scanned the scene before them, noticing the bloodied gashes that tore down Lily's pale cheeks, the fractured calf, the dead body that lay beside her, the sheer line of sweat that fell upon her brow. Lily watched his emotionless eyes glide up her body, finally meeting hers once more.

They sliced into her like a knife causing her to flinch, breaking the contact between them. She could feel his smirk growing, almost as if he heard her heart pick up under his gaze. Looking downwards, all she could feel was a hollow sickness in the pit of her stomach as déjà vu swam over her mind.

You know him, you know him! Her mind seemed to scream.

"She's injured," Ash commented nonchalantly. Registering his words, Lily felt like she'd been temporarily splashed with water, finally waking up from the haze.

"Well aren't you perceptive," she barked, crossing her arms over her chest, suddenly self-conscious.

She fiddled with the dried blood on her arms, her fingers shaking from not just adrenalin, but fear. She couldn't understand why were they just watching her and smiling. Why were they smiling? What about this situation was amusing? She'd killed someone. Their power still coursed through her veins. Gazing wearily towards Ash, images of her dreams flooded her vision, and suddenly her mind made the connection.

A large burst of nausea filled her, head reeling back against the wall as she reached close to hysteria. She couldn't breath.

He was here, she thought.