intro: heartbeat

After sitting in the cold room for a moment, Ivan sighed and got up, got dressed and left the equally cold house.

It was about 4:30 in the morning, and it was as you would expect, quiet outside with dew settling on the grass and buildings, with the occasional car driving by on the road, splashing puddles of water from the day before onto the broken and cracked sidewalks. It was part of Ivan's schedule; get up, get dressed, go work out and go to school(after showering and cleaning up, of course), and today would be, well, should be no different.

When he finally got to the gym, he found it was empty, besides the person working, wherever they were, so he silently started his routine. That's all he did, he found. Not the routine, well, yes and no, but everything had to be in order; everything had to have a routine and should stay the same, going by the rule why fix something that's not broken?

As leader of most of the school sports teams, he had always tried to keep up and work out, which wasn't that hard for him. He never ran out of breath, he never was 'a sore loser', he never sweat or got tired, it just wasn't in his nature, well, it wasn't in anyone who was like him.

I mean, he didn't have a heartbeat.

Ivan was so jealous of other people. So jealous. They could feel happy when someone held their hand, held them, they could love, feel tired, Ivan was just merely alive, surviving, nothing more. Even as a child, he didn't have many feelings, it was just natural for him by now to not feel much, and although many people freak out about it, he's surprisingly calm, and has just come to accept it.

Although he's pretty sure that's part of the no-heart-thing.

Hey guys! This is my first writing and I hope you all like it? I'm so sorry it took me this long to upload it, I got really busy! Thanks for being awesome!