Chapter 10

McKenzie's P.O.V

I eventually got up from my cosy little place on the floor, realising I have work. Running to the animal clinic, I asked Scott if I could borrow the spare t-shirt in his bag. He smiled and handed it to me. Walking into the back room, I quickly changed my top, pulling Derek's black jumper off of me. I couldn't deal with his scent right now. Not after he kissed her. A sharp pain settled in my lower abdomen, only getting worse.

"Stupid bond," I muttered, clutching my stomach. I breathed through the pain, and only walked out once it had gone. I watched as Scott dropped a jar, before helping him pick it up.

"Why do I get the feeling you've got a lot on your mind?" Deaton asked Scott, as I continued to pick up the glass.

"Sorry, it just, kind of slipped through my fingers. Everything has been slipping through my fingers," Scott replied. I picked a large chunk of the glass, only for it to slice across my palm. I hissed in pain. Deaton looked at me and I hid my hand. It would heal.

"Now that sounds like far too world – weary a thing for a teenager to say," Deaton noted.

"Sorry."

"You might wanna try a different perspective. This is just entropy at work. This is more the natural way of the universe. But it doesn't necessarily mean it's falling apart. It's just – changing shape," Deaton explained.

"For better or worse?" Scott asked him.

"Exactly," Deaton smiled.

Scott stood quickly, leaving me to pick up the glass.

"Hey, doc. When are we gonna talk about – The thing that we never got a chance to talk about?"

"Oh, yes. We never did get a chance to talk about that, did we? Now is definitely a good time," Deaton noted.

"Oh, thank God."

"What do you think? Two dollars?" he asked Scott.

"Two dollars?" Scott asked, looking rather confused.

"You're right. $2.50 more an hour. It seems like a pretty good raise."

"It's not exactly what I was - $2.50 more an hour?" Scott started, before getting back on the subject of a raise. Why do I feel like he knows something about Deaton that I don't?

"Done. Don't forget to clean up the cat cages," Deaton replied, before walking off.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I pulled on some knee length socks to cover up my bare legs, put my hair in a ponytail, grabbed one of Stiles' sweaters, rather than Derek's, and put my converse back on. I picked up my backpack that had everything I needed in it, and walked downstairs. Rather than waiting for Stiles to come pick me up, I decided to walk so I could clear my head a little bit. Images were flashing in my mind, mainly of the one where Erica kissed Derek, and Derek didn't pull away, only for him to then smile at me. And not a weak, half – hearted smile, a smile that practically screamed 'nah-nah I win'. God, I really want to punch something right now. The thought was just circling my head, before a plan slowly formed in my mind. I came up with some simple steps.

Step 1 – Find a guy who Derek would be jealous of.

Step 2 – Make sure said guy is on board with plan.

Step 3 – Show up with Guy somewhere where Derek will be.

Step 4 – He'll get jealous and overprotective.

Step 5 – We forgive each other (Hopefully) and then he is officially mine again!

Yes. This would work just fine. I continued walking before my phone vibrated, signalling I had a text.

Stiles

Where r u? ur l8!

Kenzie

I'm almost there. 5 minutes tops.

Stiles

Just Hurry!

After looking at the time and realising I was indeed late, I took off sprinting. I was there in two and a half minutes. Composing myself, I walked over to Stiles and Scott.

"So this is what the keys from Boyd are for," I muttered. "Ice skating where I'm gonna feel like a total fifth wheel."

"Oh, calm down. You'll have me and Lydia to talk to, just leave Scott and Allison alone," Stiles said, unlocking the door. We walked in and he flipped on the lights. Grabbing the skates from my back pack, I walked over to the stands and quickly changed my converse for my black ice skates. I walked to the ice and stepped on it. I skated around for a minute, before doing some tricks. It had been a while since I'd been ice skating, but I must say, I still got it. I watched as a very cocky Scott stepped onto the ice only to fall straight over. I laughed before skating over to Allison.

"He's never been able to skate. Good luck teaching him," I said, only for her to stifle a laugh. I then skated away and watched as Stiles stood gobsmacked by Lydia's figure skating. Wait. Stiles!

Step 1 – Complete.

Now for step 2.

"Hey, Stiles? Can I talk to you?" I asked, dragging him away from Lydia. I led him to a corner out of hearing-range for Scott, so he wouldn't listen in on the plan.

"I need to ask you a huge favour. You see, I have this plan to get Derek back and away from Erica, but I need your help. All you have to do is act like a couple with me when Derek's around. Other than that, we don't have to," I explained.

"Look, I would help, but Derek will probably rip my throat out," he said, looking me in the eyes.

"Stiles, please? I won't let him. And, it could make Lydia jealous and realise she's missing out on all the goodness that is, Stiles Stilinski," I tried persuading him. He looked like he was deep in thought before nodding slowly.

"Fine. But only when Derek's around," he muttered. "And you better not let him rip my throat out."

I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you Stiles! I'll buy you some peanut butter cups later, I promise." I skated off.

Step 2 – Complete.

Stiles skated over to Lydia and they took off skating with each other. I watched as Scott fell over and hit his head, causing me to wince. Everything was going okay for everyone else. Skating off the rink, I walked back to my bag and changed into my converse. Walking to the door, I stopped in my tracks as I heard a scream. Lydia's scream. I ran back inside, only to see her screaming at nothing. What the hell?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys and gals! I know this is a sucky chapter, but now you know the plan.

Okay, so, I've decided to give up on the 'certain amount of votes for the next chapter' and instead I'm going to be asking you a question. First three people to answer, will be put in an A/N at the end of every chapter. Okay? Okay. So, todays question is:

Who's better? Batman, or Superman?

Remember to vote, comment and share everyone!

~Jupiter