Chapter Two - The Call

For the first time in my life, I felt happy at the end of a school day; but of course the happiness today won't last long.  I finally arrived home and had a little rest. The phone rang and I was hoping it was Jessica so I can check on her. I answered the phone worried...

"Hello"

"Hey, can I have Tracy Mendler please?"

It sounded like a girl. Her voice wasn't familiar to me, so I was surprised that a stranger wanted to talk to me... but not as surprised when I realized that she knows my last name ....

"I'm Tracy Mendler, who is this?"

"Do you want your best friend Jessica back?"

"What??? What the hell are you talking about??!! Helloooo!! Hellooooo!!!!"

Nobody was answering, and that got me worried. My hand was shaking until the phone dropped on the floor. I was so nervous! A lot of thoughts were going through my head, and I didn't know what to do about them. I thought about calling the police, but l realized that I had no proof that she really is kidnapped! I didn't want to give a false alarm to the police ...  I had no other choice than redialing the number.  "Toot, Toot" No one answered.

I waited for the next day to go to school. When I finally arrived, I saw Jessica. I ran as fast as I can towards her and hugged her. When I let go of her, a strange look was on her face.

"Are you okay? From where did all this love come from? I was absent for only one day!" She said still surprised.

"Wait, so nothing happened yesterday? You were at home?!"

"Yes! I just had a high fever, nothing more..."

"Hahahahahaha!! You thought I would let go of the thing you did yesterday, right?" A squeaky voice said. I turned around, and it was Jennifer. "What? Don't you have an answer or something? Or did you think I would leave you happy for the rest of the day?" An evil smirk was on her face.

"You did that? You were the one that called me yesterday?"

"Yup! Good acting, huh?" Her smirk got wider.

"Wait, what are you talking about? What happened?" Jessica asked

"I'll tell you later... Let's go...” I responded as I took Jessica's hand and walked.

Jessica was surprised when I told her about what happened. She was happy that I stood up for Jennifer, but got a little angry about the phone call.

"All the action happens when I'm absent ... " 

" Hahaha, yeah! " I said trying to laugh. 

"It's okay, just forget about it! Don't be sad, cause that makes her even happier..." Jessica said putting one hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry I'm fine now. You being safe is more important !" I said smiling

We hugged each other for a while, and the bell rang. Class started! As we took our seats, the teacher came in with a boy. 

"Hello Class! I want to introduce you to Derek. He will be with us this year." The teacher said smiling.

Derek had brownish blond hair with sparkling green eyes. He was tall for his age, and he was wearing a tight shirt that showed his 6 packs.... Every girl in our class stared at him with glowing eyes; but surprisingly, he was staring at me ... He came closer and sat on the empty seat beside me. To be honest, I was blushing so hard that my face was almost a tomato.

"Hey, I'm Derek Jones." He said with a smile on his face. He let his hand out for me to shake, and I took the chance.

"Hey Derek! I'm Tracy Mendler." I said while shaking his hand.

I couldn't handle not looking into his sparkling green eyes. It was like heaven. He was super good looking, but I felt that he had a mystery behind him; that's the thing that made me like him even more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like this chapter ! And don't worry it will get more exciting !

Comment and vote please! 

Thank you all! Love you

-Mira