Chapter Eleven - Surprising News

"Hey sweetie, how was school?" My mom asked once I entered the house.

"Good mom" I said, trying to fake a smile.

"Is everything okay? You don't look well!"

"I'm fine, don't worry about me"

"Tracy ... I have something to tell you."

"What's wrong?" I said, not really wanting to know the answer. 

"I've been dating someone for a while now..."

I froze with no single word. My mom is seeing someone else? My dad is still alive! No no no, this can't be happening.

"For how long?" 

"Two months ..."

"Two months?! You're telling me this after two months? You were afraid that I was going to ruin everything for you, right? Anyway, it's your life." 

"But my life includes you!"

"If it did, you would have told me that earlier. Thanks mom."

I went upstairs, crying. I know that every person needs someone to love, but I can't believe that she would keep this secret away from me this whole time... What about dad? I know that she still loves him, and he still adores her. They're mates; they can't forget each other no matter what happens ... I promised Derek to keep it a secret, but would I risk my family for my mate? 

Every time I see my life turning good again, something else happens. 

Derek's POV

"Hey dude, how's everything?" My father asked. Well this is interesting ... He barely has any time for me, he's always busy with work. I always talk to him about Tracy and everything, but he just listens. He listens and listens, but never says a word. And 'dude'?

"This better be good, what's going on?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"Dad, you hardly ever talk to me. There must be something going on that made you come and talk to me" Well since my dad is a wizard too, I can't read his mind. Wizards don't have powers over each other.

"You know that your mom and I have been divorced for three years now, right?" 

"Get to the point. FAST" I was literally angry right now. This is the first time we ever talked about this subject, and I know that I'm not going to like where this is going... 

"Tracy's mom and I have been dating for two months, but we didn't want to tell you kids because -”

"WHAT? YOU ARE WHAT? AND WITH WHOM? MY MATE'S MOTHER? ARE YOU CRAZY? HAVE YOU BOTH LOST YOUR MINDS?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs before he continued. 

"I'm your father; don't talk to me that way!"

"So you remember that I'm your son when you want to, huh? Didn't you remember who I was when you started dating? 

"Derek, I need someone in my life! I need to love -” 

"So you chose Tracy’s mother?" I cut him off again. "Just forget about it, bye dad."

"Where are you going?"

"I need to see Tracy; she's probably devastated right now. You both ruined our entire lives. So thank you for that."

"But that doesn't mean that you two have to stop dating!"

"It's not like that"

"Then what?"