Chapter 1: Big News

CHAPTER 1: (Katniss's POV)                                                                                                                                   

     Now we're back in district 12. As I sit in my house with Peeta in the kitchen making supper, I think about my previous life in the grasp of the capitol. What would I do if the games were still going on? What if my children were chosen? "NO!" I tell myself. The capitol is no longer in control. I'm safe, Peeta's safe, and our children are safe.  Peeta calls from the kitchen "Dinner's reading darling" so I tell him i'm coming and i go to call the children in who were playing outside. My daughter, named Rue after the little girl I met while in the 74th annual Hunger Games, was complaining that she didn't want to come in. I decide to have Peeta come and get her. However our son came in right away. "Come on baby!" Peeta yelled to Rue. "Fine daddy" she called back. Oh my. What a daddy's girl.

     As we are eating supper I hear a knock on the door. "That's peculiar." I say to Peeta. We get so many visitors now that we overthrew the capitol, but none at this hour. I head to open the door. As soon as I open the door who do I see? That's right...none other than Effie Trinket. "Hello my dear!" Effie screams while embracing me in a huge hug. Wow Effie has changed. Now she has her normal hair which is a beautiful blonde and no makeup on which honeslty suits her so much better than her old capitol get-up. "Effie I havn't seen you in so long. How have you been?" I ask. "Oh I've been around darling." she replies. I wonder why she's here its been 7 years since I last saw her. She came to me when my children were being born. So I ask what brought her here. "Hmm. I came for a reason... theres a big secret among us that I'm sure you'd be happy to know. BUT.... I can't tell you yet. How about you give some dinner, and I shall tell you afterwards?" Effie answers. I lead her into the dining room and we all finish up our meals. Then we head to the lounge where Effie drops the bomb on us....

     Effie hops right in. "Ok Darling. Here is the deal....Someone you know and love very much has died, or have they? -- "PRIM? She's...alive?!" I interupt. "No dear. I'm afraid not but .... Cinna is!" Cinna? She did say Cinna right? He was my stylist for the dreaded Hunger Games. Not only that but my best friend as well. "Oh my god! Where is he Effie?" Effie answers in remorse "I'm afraid I cannot tell you. If I do Panem is going to face certain doom of the Capitol rises again." --- "Wait what do you mean?" I interupt before she says the next sentence. "Who is it? Why?" "I CAN'T TELL YOU!!"  Effie shouts. Did she just come here to rub it in my face that she knows where Cinna is? This can't be happening. "look darling" Effie says, breaking me from my thoughts "I can't TELL you... but you can find him yourself. There are clues everywhere that Cinna has left behind for you to find him. Clues that only YOU would see and understand. Near each clue will be a note saying where the next clue is located and it will take you to Cinna. Start here in the house." -- Peeta of course objects to this but I agree to let him go with me. We take the kids to my mother's house and off we go looking through the house for our first sign of Cinna.