Chapter 4: In Too Deep

CHAPTER 4 (Peeta's POV)

      Okay. So we're in the mine, and we're headig towards the blue light. The question is why? What could possibly be down here that'd help us find Cinna. Its cold here and the blue light is the only light this deep in the mine. We keep going anyway. "Peeta." Katniss says, clearly tired from all this walking "I think we're almost there...The light is brightest here." And just then we both run smack into the wall of the end of the mine...well, the end of this 'hall'. "Katniss." I say, half laughing and half serious. " you alright sweetheart?" She laughs and says she's fine, and then I notice a small keypad on the wall, next to it there is an arrow carving that points to the ground... Specifically a rock. I look closer at the rock and see a tiny slit cut into the side, and theres a slip of paper inside the slit. Its a code: 74D12 ... clever. 

      Katniss tries punching in the code but the buttons are too small, even for her fingers. "Damn it!" She yells, her annoyed voice bouncing off these cavernous walls. I try to think if there is anything that we could use to press the buttons...Nothing comes to mind. Katniss sits down on a flat rock with her head in her hands, but she shoots back up less that a minute later. "Petta! Wait! I have a pin in my hair!" She yells happily as she pulls it out "this is definitly small enough to press those little buttons. I grab the pin and punch in the code. Sure enough a secret door opens up. "Ha! How Cheesy." Katniss laughs slightly as we go through.

      We find a small box upon a stone alter. We open it up and of course find another letter. " Gah." I say "Why couldn't we have just gotten ONE letter telling us WHERE the hell to find him?" Katniss cuts me off before I can finish my ranting. She reads the letter aloud:

Dear Katniss and Peeta,

      It was fairly easy to get to this clue, but that is because I figured out a way to disarm the traps Snow had set down here. I couldn't disarm every trap along the way, so I ask you to please be very careful on the rest of your journey. I know you probably both want to know why I'm not just telling you everyting at once. I cannot tell you that now, but you will both know why once you get the next clue... but for now, use this clue : "deep in the meadow, under the willow"

                                                                                                                              ~Cinna