The Greek Gods

Between episodes 15 & 16 Supernatural season 6, also between season 3 and 4 of Supernatural and book 2 & 3 Percy Jackson.

This whole thing is mine except of course for the characters and locations that are in Supernatural and Percy Jackson.

***

This day started off relatively normal, as normal as it can get when travelling with the Winchesters. It didn't turn out to be particularly dangerous but it gave me the chance to interact with kids my 'age' as during this I was 'sixteen'. I admit it was fun and I made new friends, while also acquiring a taste for archery. I hope that one day I will see Percy and Annabeth again but so far I haven't.

***

Angry shouts carry across the room. Dean wrestles with a demon while another has Sam pinned down, as it punches his face again and again. Kat notices a glint of sliver to her left. Cas's angel blade. She does an awkward side roll, on the account that she can't roll, gripping the blade in her right hand and coming up in a defensive stance.

A demon looms up in front of her. Reacting quickly, Kat stabs it in the heart. A yellow light flashes inside of its vessel and the demon falls to the ground, dead. "I have to get me one of these." She remarks. Spinning around she cuts the throat of another demon, splattering herself with blood. "Aww. I liked this shirt." she jokes. Looking around she sees Dean kill his demon and move to help Sam. Cas reappears, killing the last demon. 'That's it then' she thinks. But Dean looks over her shoulder at something, "Kat, behind you!" Kat turns a second too late. An invisible force throws her against the wall, pressing her there. By some miracle she keeps her hold on the blade. Out of the corner of her eye, Kat can see the boys running to her. Then a bright white light shines forcing her to close her eyes. The pressure on her limbs disappears and she lands awkwardly on her feet. Instinctively she raises the angel blade in front of herself, in case of an unexpected attack.

The ground seems to shift under her feet and she stumbles, regaining her balance just in time. The light fades away and a murmur of whispers mixed with shouts of exclamation reaches her ears. Opening her eyes one at a time she comes face to face with her worst nightmare.

A hall filled with tables and chairs holding kids ranging from about eight to twenty. And they were all staring at her. Kat looks at her red, angel blade and blood splattered self. "Um..." she says, awkwardly trying to hide the blade, not that it would make much of a difference. "So this is awkward." Kat says. No one speaks. Kat laughs nervously, "I'm just gonna leave now." She backs away slowly, nearing the exit.

"Wait." A voice calls to her. A man in a wheelchair, sitting at the head table stands up. His body elongates becoming white and furry. Four legs ending with hooves, a centaur. He walks (trots?) his way over to her. "I am Chiron. What is your name, child?"

"Kat. Well Katherine. You're a centaur, right?" Kat asks. Chiron nods in reply. "That's so cool." a grin spreads it's way across her face, then turns into a look of thought, "Hang on a second. Chiron as in the Chiron from Ancient Greek Mythology?"

"Er, yes." her question seems to catch Chiron by surprise. Kat scans the room again. "So what is this place?" Chiron opens his mouth to answer but Kat cuts him off, "Never mind that, focus Kat, where am I?"

"Long Island, New York. And to answer your earlier question this is Camp Half-Blood."

"Not too far then." she says to herself, and then addresses Chiron again, "I suck at Geography, how far away is this from Kansas?"