Chapter 31

Note: Alrighty so the good news is that here is a new chapter yay, except it's just a filler chapter. The bad news is that I have finished this story on my laptop. There are nine more chapters plus an epilogue. I do have a sequel planned maybe two sequels but it all depends on what you guys think once you have read the final chapter. I should upload each chapter every two days, but I'm not going to be on my computer much for the next couple of days but I will try. So yeah enjoy this chapter my lovelies and comment at the end please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I awoke in the morning everyone was already up and moving around. I stretched in bed and rubbed my eyes while yawning. I had slept better than I had in the last few days. Whether that was because I hadn't been in the same bed with someone else I had no idea but I was glad that I'd had a good sleep seeing as how today was going to be a busy day.

I kicked my feet in the air in an attempt to move the quilt and when that did no good I just flipped it off my body using my arm. I shuffled my feet into my slippers, which had been next to my bed for about four days yet I hadn't used them. When I finally felt awake enough I hauled myself onto my feet and made my way through the door before heading for the stairs.

Thanks to Amy and Melinda I had managed to brainstorm what I was going to do. The only thing that sounded good though was to wait a little longer and see how I felt about both boys before I made any permanent decisions. We had agreed that between a week, or two, starting from today would be plenty of time for me to figure it all out.

Strangely enough it took me a long time to get to the top of the stairs, but when I did I made myself hurry down the staircase until I got to the parlour. My feet made a lot of noise as I rushed across the floor to the kitchen doorway. I had a feeling that I had woken up later than what the rest of the family had intended and so knowing my luck this would make us late.

I basically ran through the doorway and ended up skidding in my slippers into the kitchen. Wyatt, Melinda, Amy and Chris were sitting at the work surface by the cooker, while Piper, Phoebe, Paige and Leo were sitting at the table.

I didn't know they had slept the night  I thought to myself before turning to the younger Halliwells and smiling at them.

"Morning guys" I said and they nodded at me. They all returned my smile, but I saw that Wyatt was watching me carefully, and I sensed that Chris' smile was forced. Even so he handed me my usual mug with my 'morning brew' as I had taken to calling it in my head lately. I smiled at him.

"Thanks Chris" I said as I took a seat next to the youngest Halliwell. By doing this it meant I was sitting opposite the boys and also had a good view of the wooden table, which meant that the sisters and Leo had a good view of me as well as Amy. He smiled and nodded before turning back to his mug. I frowned slightly but made sure to hide it beneath my fringe so that no one would see. Then I remembered that Chris might be a little off with me today in case I reacted strangely to something that he did or said, considering what we went through yesterday.

Taking a gulp of tea I could tell instantly that Chris had made this and I smiled slightly while I took another gulp.

What are you smiling about?  Melinda's voice whispered in my head. I turned my body to her but kept my head where it was, not wanting the rest of the family to guess that Mel and I were conversing telepathically.

'Cause I can tell that Chris made my tea this morning. His tastes better than yours or Wyatt's. Sorry but it's true I replied and she cleared her throat, though it was kind of pointless in doing this as she wasn't using it.