two

Louis Tomlinson

Everything's all right. All is calm, all is bright.

Who am I kidding, I should be having a mental breakdown or something right now.

Something, anything.

Instead, I feel nothing.

But that's only part of the problem. Heck, I don't even know what to feel.

For one, I feel extremely guilty. How can I not feel bad that Eleanor broke up with me?

What did I do wrong?

Was it my busy tour schedule? The interviews? The hate?

The fame?

Yeah, I'm also not entirely sure why she did it. It could be a million things, anything. But it sounded like she did it against her will, as she burst into tears the moment she told me that it wasn't working for her anymore.

Stop trying to flatter yourself, Louis. Everything isn't about you.

I attempt to keep my expression nonchallant in case anyone looks over at me, but luckily they're all too busy to notice.

God knows I don't want their pity. I'm the one no one's supposed to pity.

Happy Louis with the perfect girlfriend, the perfect family, the perfect life.

If only they could tell that underneath the surface, a lot was crumbling down.

If only I could tell.

Eleanor and I have been together for two years, give or take a few.

God, I can't even remember.

Maybe that's why our relationship was destroyed. I couldn't remember a single birthday or anniversary for my life.

So when we broke up, you might ask: Any sadness?

No, not exactly.

What is wrong with me?

I am still in a daze when my BGF (best-girl-friend, in case none of you use Tumblr), Cassie Evans, sprints from the nearly frozen lake and flicks her golden-blond hair all over me with the tiny, freezing droplets.

On PURPOSE.

My jaw drops. She should've known not to mess with the Sass Master from Doncaster.

"You will pay!" I shriek, completely losing it. Everyone begins to laugh at my unusually high-pitched voice, taking the whole thing as a joke.

But if they felt how cold that water really was, they wouldn't be laughing either.

Cassie smirks, not sensing my actual pain. "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it? Dunk me in the lake or something?"

Hmm. That isn't a bad idea, actually.

I grin evilly for the sake of winning. "Worse."

Taking a step closer, I reach out like I am about to hug her. Instead, I begin to tickle Cassie's sides- her weakness.

"Louis- STOP!" Cassie manages in between her uncontrollable laughter. Who's feeling the pain now?

"Listen to her, Lou. If she wants you to stop you better stop." Zayn adds in all seriousness, and they all crack up again.

Ha. Jokes on them.

This diverts everyone's attention onto us instead, but I don't mind. It's a bit awkward, but I'm used to it.

We're just two best friends, cracking jokes and having fun. There's nothing awkward between us, which I suppose is the best part.

But, really. Who needs a girlfriend when you have Cassie?

The lads have tried to convince me many times that Cassie is a much better match for me than Eleanor. I never believed them, insisting that Eleanor and I were perfect for each other in every single way.

Sounds corny, I know. And with all corny statements comes the bitter truth.

We weren't.

Eleanor and I were a lot different than we realized, in many different ways. She was too soft-spoken, while I was loud and rambunctious. She always took things seriously, and I- well, you get what I'm saying.

Besides, she hardly ever wore stripes.

Yikes. Major deal-breaker there.

Just kidding. It doesn't really matter; although my personal preferences do matter in some cases.

And I know "opposites are supposed to attract" and all that shit (excuse my language), but it would be really nice to date a girl somewhat like me for a change.

And I know what you're all thinking: Cassie Evans could be that girl.

As for that, it's too complicated. Cassie only sees me as a friend, and vice-versa. All my feelings for her are- mixed. She drives me crazy, but at the same time amuses me in a way no one else does.

I still don't quite understand why my best mates would try to ruin a beautiful friendship between Cassie and I by suggesting we date.

I know that they just want what's best for me, but the most annoying part is that they think they know me better than I do.

True, Cassie brings out the best in me, but that's what best friends are for. It's also nice to have someone to talk to in our small group, while the others are getting all lovey-dovey.

Yes, I just said that. Nice going, Louis.

I have a very "creative" imagination, or so I've been told. I feel that the world needs a little craziness and imperfection, or else the world would be a very boring and uninteresting place.

Well, watch out world (especially Michigan), because you've just met Louis Tomlinson.

And he's on his one-week break right now, so you'd better be careful. Anything and everything related to him could suddenly break loose out of its tiny, concealed cage.

The downside is, the world itself is also completely unpredictable.

You can never tell exactly what's going to happen in a sticky situation; or any sitation for that matter. No matter gory, haunting, shady, or reckless, those situations still exist.

Not that I would know, personally.

But I guess they just even out the goodness in the world.

The darkness, I mean.

Everyone knows that you can't have light without dark.