three

Cassie Evans

Once my body is free of any sort of moisture and Louis's highly annoying and ticklish hands, all of us head up from the sandy shore to a cute cottage. There's a deck that leads into the porch (a porch and a deck? Awesome) which leads to the main room. The sleeping arrangments have already been made, thankfully, and everyone seems to be okay with them.

I look backwards and notice Harry and Bella wrapped up in each other's arms. Long story short, Bella had tripped on one of the stairs, Harry caught her, and she is now kissing Harry like there is no tomorrow.

While the others double over in laughter, (especially Niall and Anna, which isn't too surprising because they laugh at pretty much anything), Harry and Bella turn a deep shade of red and start blurting out random excuses.

I give Louis our signature look of pure disgust and smile to myself when he returns it.

Louis is the only one besides me who fully understands being on-the-outside-looking-in in this situation.

I'm happy for Bella, I really am. But I don't understand why she has to flaunt her relationship wherever she goes.

Thank goodness we can always depend on Anna and Niall to keep it chill. Nianna is easily the sweetest couple without even trying to be. Niall is always so gentle with her; the way he treats her like his princess, kisses her cheek tenderly, holds her closely, and talks about her is just out-of-this-world adorable.

If I ever got a boyfriend, I'd want a relationship similar to theirs. They literally complete each other.

I bet that sounded really cheesy, but sorry love, but I don't really care.

Yuck. Did I just quote Louis?

Harry and Bella take a totally different approach to their relationship, but hey, if that's how it works for them, then there's Hella in a nutshell for you.

Sophia and Liam aren't half as bad, but things are still a bit rocky between them. No one knows why, or how, but I'm sure they'll get over it.

Then there's Louis and I, easily the odd ones out. We tend to stick together a lot, have fun, make stupid mistakes, laugh at stupid things in the world, and try to block out everyone else.

I wouldn't call my strictly-friends relationship with Louis perfect; more like... Bearable.

Bearable I can deal with.

Making our way into the small cottage, I can't help but notice how cozy the place really is. Anna keeps apologizing for its crowded space and limited bedrooms, but considering where I've come from, it feels like home to me.

There are three bedrooms- a master with a queen bed, one with two twins, and the porch, with three single beds. Louis and Zayn have the two twin beds in the back; myself, Liam, and Sophia have singles on the porch, and Harry and Bella get the master bedroom. As for Niall and Anna, they're easily the smallest, so they decided to share a blow-up air mattress on the floor.

Which is totally okay with everyone, even Louis.

"Let's watch a movie!" Liam suggests after safely locking the door behind us, putting an arm around Sophia slyly. She doesn't pull away, which is a good sign. I think.

"YES! POPCORN!"

Who was that? Niall, of course.

"Yeah!" Louis agrees excitedly, his enthusiasm overwhelming.

I can't help but agree. You can always count on a good movie to start off the break.

Seeing as the boys are always touring, Anna is finishing up high school, Bella is attending college with me in London, and Sophia is working in New York City, it's hard to find times for us all to see one other. Needless to say that Bella and Anna see each other often due to being in the UK; but other than that, everyone's breaks and schedules are totally different.

But you can bet that those happy couples find ways to be together no matter what.

And at some points, I feel like murdering them in their sleep for being so annoyingly perfect. But they are my best friends, and I love them all to death.

"Alright! Um, Sophia and Liam, can you get blankets out of the cabinet? Cassie and Louis, can you pick out a movie; and... Harry and Bella, can you get drinks?" Anna takes charge of the missions immediately.

As everyone scatters to complete their jobs, Louis and I exchange awkward looks before crouching down in front of Bella's black backpack, where we keep all of our technology entertainment for the whole trip. Our entertainment package consists of 37 different movies ranging from Barbie, Paranormal Activity, The Hunger Games... You name it.

Louis glances up at me with a stupid cocky grin on his face. "What do you want to watch, love?"

"Anything horror is fine with me." I tell him, shrugging. Since when does Louis Tomlinson ask for my opinion?

"Well, do you think everyone'd be okay with that?" Louis raises an eyebrow, making me even more suspicious.

Since when does Louis Tomlinson consider everyone else's opinion?

"Who the hell puts Cassie and Louis in charge of picking out a movie if they didn't expect a horror?" I mock-gasp, making him laugh.

"Too true, Evans."

After some evil plotting, Louis and I finally decide on The Woman in Black, mainly because we have never seen it before.

"Done! We're doneee!" Louis announces to the room full of busy people, rubbing it in as much as possible. They send us wary glances, shaking their heads in disbelief.

Louis just grins back; the same, cocky grin as always.

His happinees is contagious; I just can't lie. As I stand next to my best guy friend, I can't help but grin.

Sometimes, I just love Louis.

I mentally gag at the thought.

Okay, let's pretend I didn't just think that.

Once everyone is done with their assigned assigments, we all gather somewhere in front of the television set to watch Louis and I's handpicked selection.

While the feeling of contentment rushes up and down my spine, I feel so evil.

Maybe Louis has changed me, too.

"The Woman in Black? Are you sure, Lou?" Harry guesses right as it begins.

I shake my head. How did he know?

"Positive. Now, shut up." Louis throws a handful of popcorn at him and Niall gasps.

"HEY! Do NOT waste food! Food is precious, you shall not waste it!" Niall repeats his standard line to Louis, and we all shush him. He distracts himself from the disaster area by feeding popcorn to both himself and Anna, who coaxes him into letting them do whatever they want.

Eventually, Louis does stop and Harry reclines in his armchair, only to shoot straight back up once seeing the cheesy, wanna-be-horror on the screen.

I try to focus on the movie, but for some reason the distraction isn't working like it should.

I mean, come on... Harry Potter as a lawyer? I don't think so.

Near the end, the others are literally shaking with fear, except Niall, Louis, Zayn, and I.

Anna isn't looking too scared either, but that is mainly because she was paying zero attention. Niall had her wrapped in his arms, squeezing her to make sure she was okay every ten seconds. I'm pretty sure she might've fallen asleep if it wasn't for Niall's nonchalant attempts to conceal his own fear.

Finally, the end credits roll, and Louis is giving the screen an odd look as well.

How can a movie just end like that? That was a complete waste of time.

Well, I shouldn't say complete. The others are scared half-to-death now because of us.

Without thinking, Louis and I high-five each other in victory and begin to exclaim about how amazing the movie was. The others, by default, send us death glares.

But hey, when you put the two queens of sass together, you should know what to expect by now.