Chapter 2

*Megan's POV*

I keep driving to the cemetery, feeling dazed about Louis and the childhood we had together. I almost run past the red light but stopped immediately, taking action. I saw two kids, one boy, one girl, who look 8 years old or even younger, crossing the road in front of me. I almost ran over them but the girl was giggling at something that the boy whispered, like nothing else mattered in the world. And the boy was laughing along too. They both had dark brown hair and dirty school uniform that almost looked unrecognizable. My mind took me back again... to my birthday party that I had when I was turning eight, along with Louis since his birthday was 3 days after mine, on the Christmas eve.

-------- 12 YEARS AGO --------

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Lou and Megs! Happy Birthday to you!"

It was cold but we were out in our backyard because it was chosen by both of us to have a party in the garden by the sunset. We were quite the romantics!

Louis and I blew out the eight candles that were on the cake at the same time. Everyone clapped and wished us happy birthday. Once everyone finished clapping and lost their interest in us, Louis smiled at me and whispered, "What did you wish for Megs?"

"If I told you, it won't come true!"

"But we tell each other everything!"

I stuck my tongue out and said, "Then this one is an exception!" and with that I grabbed the blue icing that was on the top of the cake and smeared it right on the top of his shiny brown fringe.

"Hey! I will get you right back Megs!" he exclaimed pretending to look shocked then he put his hand in the cake and spread it all over my face.

"Haha! You're a smurf!"

"You're such a meanie, boobear!" and with that, I started to bawl my eyes out. This is me, I am so sensitive sometimes... I can't stand it when someone makes fun of me; even if it's my one and only best friend in the world.

He looks shocked, not expecting to me cry at our birthday party. I wanted him to hug me or at least say sorry but instead, he folded his arms together and whispered, "I didn't even start this" and walked off.

I looked up, my eye all blurry with tears, feeling guilty and sad that I ruined OUR birthday party. All the guests at the party were looking at me. Probably disappointed in me but trying to hide it, I noted sarcastically in my head.

I didn't know what to do and where Louis went off to, so I ran with tears still streaming down my face, to my favourite place in the whole world, the place that means a lot to me, even as a child; the tree house that Louis and I built together.

I climbed up the ladders and opened the door that led me inside the house. I saw the sight that I didn't expect to see at the back corner of the tree house; he was hugging himself with his heads down towards his knees. I was surprised to see him up here and didn't know what to say... he just looked so... fragile.

"Hey... umm Lou?"

"What?" but it sounded more like "Wot?" and it sounded like he was sniffling.

"Lou.. I am so sorry... I didn't mean to cry and call you a meanie..."

He turned around, facing me. His face all blotchy and red.

"You didn't mean to call me a meanie?" he spoke ever so softly.

By then, I giggled quietly. Lou can be so cute...in a best friend way of course.

"Of course not Lou, I was just... sensitive, I guess, I am soooo sowwy!" I put on my most adorable puppy-eyes.

"You won't fool me with those huge chocolate eyes but I already forgave you when you said you didn't mean it." He then smiled, showing off his toothless grin.

As the sun set, we made pinkie promises in the tree house to never fight with each other again... because it's just horrible!

--------BACK TO PRESENT--------

I heard the cars beeping behind me as I snap out of my thoughts, my memories, the best moments of my life. I try to concentrate on the road again but it's just too hard... to forget it all. I try to turn on the radio and 'What Makes You Beautiful' comes on it. Why is this stupid song everywhere?! At that moment, anger and sadness overwhelm me, hearing my best friend sing on the radio... the same one who left me.

A/N - Okieee :D This is another chapter done! Don't forget to comment your thoughts pleaseeee! Only vote if you enjoyed this :) xoxo

Photo of Louis on the side :)