Faker [ 3 ]

Chapter 3

Karma Doing Its Thing

☪ Carrie Evergreen ☪

He grabbed my hands. I stared into those captivating dark eyes. They swirled with emotion.

"What do you want?" I asked Sam in a desperate voice.

"To go with me. Escape," he said with more emotion. It felt like an over-dramatic movie. "But my family..." I said with my eyes trailing off.

He held my cheek. "I have something to tell you." I looked at him, my expression turning worried.

"I took..."

"Yes?"

And I was falling.

Falling into oblivion.

Until what seemed to be the bottom, I almost crashed until-

I woke up with a jerk.

* * *

"Damn dreams always messing with me," I said quietly to myself as I walked downstairs. It was strangely quiet, which meant mom and dad decided to go grocery shopping or get some coffee.

I realized that that was my first dream of Sam Britt. Never had I once dreamt to dream of someone, much less a boy. The thought shook me a bit. I'm a very collected person, but this made me feel everywhere.

I finally collected myself and made some breakfast. I remembered that Sam and his parents came over to visit, which seemed like way more of a stay. Mom insisted they stay for dinner. They stayed until maybe 10:00 pm. Throughout the visit, I felt like mom only made it longer to play matchmaker. I'm 16 years old, and she dreams of me having a boyfriend. With my status of no friends except Max and no social skills, she tends to set me up sometimes. I end up being awkward or too boring for those boys.

So of course mom would want me to become "buddy-buddy" with the neighbor's son, who is now her new best friend. Kim and mom really shot it off last night, as well as Charlie and dad. Sam and I talked a bit, but it was too awkward for our liking. We couldn't really find a topic, and even if we did, Sam's smirks would have me blushing hardcore.

Let me remind you, the only reason we didn't talk as much is because of ME. I have strange social problems or something. Sam? He's perfect, in fact, a natural. I'm the elephant in the room. An awkward one with that.

I sighed. He's totally thinking I'm some kind of freak.

I walked back upstairs with a frown. I put on some casual clothes. Once I felt satisfied by how I looked, I walked to my computer. Max had sent a few messages on Skype, demanding I play League of Legends with him. I haven't even gotten a chance to play.

So much to do.

But karma must have really hated me, because once I sat down, the doorbell rang. I groaned. Mom probably forgot the key.

I grumbled as I walked down the stairs to lazily open the door. It was a Saturday, meaning it was my lazy day. I closed my eyes and opened the door for my parents. Except, it wasn't my parents.

"S-Sam?!" I shrieked once I opened my eyes. He held up one finger to my lips. He was wearing a grey hoodie with tight white jeans.

Either karma wanted me to humiliate myself, or this was karma giving me another chance.

"Can I come in?" He said quietly.