xviii

Since I started driving, Dre's been letting me use his car while he uses Eazy's car to do his daily runs. I pleaded Eazy to let me use his car, but Dre insisted that it would cause too much attention. So I had to settle with Dre's 86 Hyundai Excel.

It wasn't the sexiest vehicle, but as long as it got me to and from school without me walking, I'll be just fine.

I yawned before pulling the stick into Drive, and pulled off to school. Another benefit of driving is that it didn't take longer than 10 minutes to get there. I'd say my commute was 2 or 3 minutes tops.

Within almost no time, I pulled into the parking lot of my school. I felt all that because I was one of the few Juniors that drove. Considering where we live, I wouldn't expect everyone that had their own car, that wasn't stolen.

When I hopped out the car I saw Big walking past me, "Wassup Ebelle." He greeted.

I said, "Hey." And we walked into school together.

"Aye what you got first today?" He asked me before we stopped at his locker.

"Ummm, Home Ec." I said trying to remember my schedule.

"Oh I have first hour with you then." He said after successfully opening his locker. I saw Tupac approaching us, and he stood against the lockers and looked between Big and I. He shot me a look with a slight frown, and I pursed my lips.

"I'll see you in a few minutes." I said in a mellow tone before walking away to my own locker. I turned the corner and saw Snoop and Faith talking at her locker. I came next to them and said, "Hey y'all.

I twisted and turned the combination lock and opened my lockers within a few seconds. "Wassup." Snoop said before Faith chimed in with a, "Hiii."

"Y'all over here being lame?" I said laughing before putting my books away.

"Yep, we was waitin' on you to come join us." Snoop said sucking his teeth..

"The fuck I look like?" I said laughing.

"A lame ass nigga." Snoop pointed at me.

"Whatever, come on we got home ec." I said to him before giving Faith a hug goodbye.

"See y'all at lunch!" She waved us off and I saw Big and Pac approach her.

"So tell me why," I began, "I was talkin' to Big at his locker right? So Tupac came up outta nowhere, and he stood there and looked at me like 'Is you gonna leave?' so I just peaced out and came to y'all. I swear if he said somethin' to me I woulda cussed his ass out!" I ranted to Snoop before entering the class.

"He been talkin' bout you lately." Snoop admitted before sitting down. I sat down next to him, eager to hear more, "Bad? Or.."

Snoop shook his head, "Naw. He'd just be askin' how you doin'. Or he'd ask if Eazy still come around."

A feel of hope sparked within me; Did Tupac still care?

"Oh." Is all I said in response Just then, Big came and sat across from us.

"What's good y'all?"

"Shiiid." Snoop said nonchalantly.

We sat there for a few minutes while all the students loaded inside.

After that was finished, my Home Economics teacher, Mrs. Goodley began blathering about something that I wasn't interesting in. The only time Home Ec was interesting was when we had to cook or sew, which I both loved to do outside of school too. I learned that not many schools offer this type of program so I took advantage of it.