The Case

{ Y/N - Your Name | L/N - Last Name| RFN - Random Friend's Name | H/C - Hair Color | E/C - Eye Color | H/L - Hair Length }

Sherlocks POV

I'm sitting on my comfy chair with my gun in hand. I'm bored. I lean off the side of the chair carelessly shooting at the wall. "John!!"

John enters the room with a cup of coffee in hand. "Yes, Sherlock?"

"I'm bored. Find us a case."

"But Sherlock, you just finished a case 20 minutes ago."

"That was a short, might I add boring case."

John looks at me and rolls his eyes as he walks over and sits down his is red chair across from me. "Well Sherlock, if you're bored, go find yourself a case. I am exhausted, Sherlock. That case was not a short case, we spent 2 days on it and you would NOT let me sleep. So I am going to take a little break if you don't mind."

"Fine then." Hmm I guess that is true. We have had no sleep for the past two days.

I sit up from my laying position on the chair and look John in the eyes. "Where's my coffee?"

John scoffs at me. "Your coffee, Sherlock? You want coffee?"

"Yes, why would I not want coffee?"

"Sherlock, if you want coffee, go and make some yourself. Actually, there is probably still some left over in the pot so all you have to do is pour it."

"Hmm." I stand up quickly, which startled John, and head to the kitchen. John was right, there in the coffee pot is extra coffee. I grab a mug and pour me some of the delicious coffee.

From the living room there is a mobile ringing. "John, who's mobile is ringing?"

"It's yours Sherlock."

"Who's calling?"

"Lestra--"

I cut John off by running into the living room, forgetting about the coffee, and snatching my phone from his hands. "Yes, Lestrade?" I start pacing back and forth, force of habit really. "Ooh, a case? A homicide?" I stopped pacing, looked at John and grinned. "We will be there in 5!!" I hang up the phone and run to grab my coat. "Come on John!! We got a case! Let's go!"

-TIME SKIP-
<At the Police Station>
Sherlocks POV

"Sherlock," Lestrade says walking towards me, "this is the case file, there is the murder victim, and the only person close to her."

I greedily take the file from his hands, eager for a new case, and flip through it. It had information about RFN L/N and Y/N L/N. RFN is an average height woman, short brown hair, brown eyes, and is a school teacher. Y/N is a colleague of RFN and has H/L, H/C and E/C.

I look closer at the picture of RFN and I can tell right off the bat that she is in an unhappy relationship, been seeing someone else, has few friends, hates her job, and had an occasional drink.

I turn the page to look at Y/N's picture to deduce her but I just can't. What is it about her? Maybe it's just a bad picture of her... Maybe I just have to meet her in person in order to deduce her. "Lestrade."

"Yes, Sherlock?"

"When can I meet this..." I glance down at the file, "Y/N?"

"I can call her and set up a meeting for tomorrow if you'd like."

"That'd be great. I'd prefer the meeting to be as soon as possible though."

"Well, Sherlock, I can't exactly set up a meeting tonight now can I?"

"Why not?"

"It is eleven pm, Sherlock. I don't think anyone sane would answer their mobile."

"I answer my mobile whenever."

"Exactly, I don't think anyone sane would answer their mobile at this hour."

"Oh. Point taken." I look through the case file only to slam it seconds later. "Well! Better get going! Make sure to set up the meeting for... Hmm... Let's see, nine AM tomorrow morning, 221 B Baker Street. No sooner, no later. Good day, Lestrade." And at that I left the room leaving a confused Lestrade wondering why I left so soon.

-TIME SKIP-
<At 221 B>
Sherlocks POV

I lay in bed wondering why I can't deduce that young lady named Y/N. What is it about her? I glance at my watch and it is barely past midnight. "Hmm." I say aloud and turn around on my bed to a more comfortable position. "I'll just deal with this woman tomorrow."

-The Next Morning-
Sherlocks POV

I am awoken by the doorbell ringing. I grab my bed sheet and wrap it around my body. As I'm walking down the stairs to answer the door, I am stopped by John.

"What, John?" I grumble.

"It's a young lady and I think she would prefer if you were clothed." John replies as he grabs my shoulders to turn me around.

I look down at myself. "Ah. Yes, probably."

"I'll get the door once you leave." John says as he gives me a little push. I walk back up the stairs into my room and put something suitable on. I walk out into the living room to find Y/N sitting in the clients chair and John in his, both sipping tea that John must have made. I sit down in my chair and pull out the case file. I scan it once more and turn to the page about Y/N. I still can't figure her out... What is it about her? God this is frustrating.

I cough. "So Y/N, how do you know RFN?"

"Well.... I've known her for not that long actually. We had school together during college and ended up working at the same school. We became closer and we are... Well were great friends." Y/N goes on and on about her and RFN's past. Not that interesting really. All I am concerned about is why I just cannot deduce her.

"So, do you know if RFN had any love affairs? Do you have any love affairs?" Oh god that came out wrong.

"Erm... Does that have to do with anything?" Y/N looks wary.

"Well, sometimes jealous lovers take what they want." Y/N relaxes. Good I covered up that question and made it look like it was meant for the case.

"Yes... RFN did have an affair. I don't think she was very happy though. I never met him though. Oh and we got in a fight a few days ago because she heard him saying my name in his sleep, but I've never met him and I don't even know his name. Next thing you know she is dead!" Y/N had tears in her eyes and I could tell she was trying so hard not to let them fall.

"Okay, Y/N. That's all for today. If you want we can schedule another meeting so I can further investigate RFN's murder. Thanks for your time." I walk over to Y/N and help her up. I feel bad for her, I don't need know why. I've never really cared for anyone before... Why her?

I lead Y/N to the door and we say our farewells. "Goodbye, Sherlock." She smiles and turns to call a taxi.  I close the door and smile bigger than ever before. I turn around to see John.

"Now what the hell are you smiling about, Sherlock?"

"Oh... Nothing, John... Nothing..."

"It is something, Sherlock."

"Oh... Well, I guess I'm just really excited about the case."

"Why would you be excited about an ordinary case? It's just a homicide."

"Oh no, John. It's not an ordinary case if Y/N is involved..." I said grinning as I walked up the stairs.

--------------------------------------------------
Authors Note ~

So here is 1300 words (not including this author note) of the beginning of a Sherlock x Reader Fanfic! I hope you guys like it! I am always open to suggestions, just no hate. Thanks! (: