Tea and Biscuits

{ Y/N - Your Name | RFN - Random Friend Name | P/N - Pet Name | F/C - Favorite Color }

~After the Consultation~
<At your house>
Your POV

You step out of the black shiny taxi into the rain. You thank the cabbie and pay him. Walking up to the door, you sigh and unlock it happily letting yourself in. P/N greets you with kisses and wags of their tail.

You look at the clock that is hanging on your F/C colored walls and it is barely past 11:30 AM. You decide to call your mom about the little outing you two had planned over the phone last night.

The mobile rings twice before your mother answers and greets you happily. "Hey Y/N! How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great, mom." You say grinning.

"How was the date?"

You smile even wider. "It was great mom, I'll tell you all about it, if you'd like."

"Oh, I would love that!"

"Great! Would you like to meet up today? For some tea and biscuits like we talked about yesterday?"

"Yes! I will meet you at the bakery, Hun."

"What time?"

"How about at 11:45? I'm already out and about running errands, and I wouldn't mind stopping to chat."

"Great! I'll see you there in a few, Mom."

"Buh bye, Sweetie. Love you."

"I love you too, mom." You both hang up in a cheery mood.

I can't wait to tell mom about Sherlock. I don't know how I'll explain it though. It wasn't really a date, it was just a consultation about RFN. God, I miss her.

You decide to wash up and get ready for this biscuit and tea date with your mother.

Should I tell mom about RFN? I think I should, she never likes it when I lie.

You sigh, making up your mind.

I'm going to tell her the truth.

~TIME SKIP~
<At the Bakery>
Your POV

You walk into the bakery and see your mother sitting down at a little table for two. You two have always gone here since you can remember.

Mother sees you and waves you over, grinning to her hearts content. Smiling back, you quickly walk over to the little table, contemplating how you're going to tell your mom about RFN.

"Hi, mom." You grin.

"Hey darling." She looks more tired than ever. You guys haven't really talked for years now. That might be why she is so happy we arranged this meeting.

You guys order your tea and biscuits, and happily sit and eat, talking about what's going on in life.

"So, Y/N. Are you going to tell me about this young man you met yesterday?" Your mom asks gleaming.

Oh god. Now I have to tell her.

You swallow the bite of biscuit and look your mom in the eyes, sadness taking over. "Well, mom. It wasn't really a date. I just... I just sort of said that because.. Well, I don't know. I wanted you to be proud of me."

Your mom looks shocked. She shakes off the worried look and returns to her gleeful, cheery self. "Well, did you meet with a boy yesterday or not?"

You feel a bit happier inside that your mother accepts the fact that you lied to her about the date. "Yes I did... I met with Sherlock Holmes, the consulting detective."

She looks confused. "Why a consulting detective?"

You stiffen up knowing the answer you're going to have to tell your mother. You hold back the tears, and smile the best you can. "Well, mother," you let out a nervous laugh and look down at the tea before you, "RFN has died. She was murdered. I need someone to help solve her case. That's why I went to Sherlock Holmes for help."

Your mother can tell you're shaken up about the situation. "Well, was he cute?" She asks, trying to make the situation happier.

She always joked around when I was sad. She could always make me smile. And she did. A slight grin plays over my face, and I laugh. "Oh course mom, don't be silly."

She giggles, and smiles at me. "I hope that the relationship continues." She winks at me and let's out a laugh.

"What relationship, mother? He is just my detective. He won't like me the way I like him."

"Oh, I know something will happen. This is special. Even if RFN is gone." She smiles and looks down at her silver watch. "Well, looks like I got to go!" She stands up and takes one last sip of tea.

We say our goodbyes and she walks out of the bakery, leaving me thinking to myself. Why was she so certain about me and Sherlock? She doesn't even know him. He is just one guy that I fancy. It's nothing special, is it?

---

Sorry guys! Short chapter! 824 words this time! To make up for it, I'll post two today! Thanks!