Chapter 1

"Kellin, if you don't get up your gonna be late" I heard my little sisters voice speak softly behind me.

I rolled over in bed to see her standing in the doorway, she was wearing our fathers college T-shirt "thank you, I'm awake" she smiled at me before running away and closing the door behind her.

I chuckled and stood up from my bed, walking into my bathroom. I instantly turned on the shower and got out of the pajama pants and boxers I had been wearing. I let the warm water wash over me with shampoo, conditioner, and then soap. I didn't want to get out, I knew the September morning air outside would be cool, but I pulled the curtain back and dried off.

I walked back to my room with the towel around my waist and picked up my iPhone 5 to see a text from my best friend, Jenna: "Don't forget to bring your guitar todayy xxx"

I rolled my eyes and tossed it on my bed. She was making me learn guitar so I could play with her in a talent show at the end of the year. She said I had to because it was senior year, and she wanted to do something special.

So now every Monday after school, I go into the city to a small music shop where I have my guitar lessons. I'm not really looking forward to it, I'd rather be able to put more of my focus on school work but I guess it won't be too bad.

I quickly got dressed in my school uniform and shook out my wet hair. I grabbed a plain black beanie, my backpack and the acoustic guitar I had my father buy me before running down the stairs and sliding into the kitchen.

My mother sat at the counter with a coffee cup in front of her and the paper in her hands. Her long, dark hair fell down over one shoulder in loose, messy waves. She looked up from her paper when I opened a cupboard "good morning, honey"

"Mornin'" I pulled a granola bar out of it's box and closed the cupboard. I looked out the window to see an empty driveway "dad's not home yet?"

"No" she sighed and laid the paper on the table "he'll be gone till Wednesday now"

"Of coarse" I scoffed under my breath and pulled on my jean jacket.

"Kellin." My mother scolded but I ignored her, bolting out the door with my skateboard in one hand, my guitar in the other.

"Love you!" I yelled to her before shutting the door and stopping to put my headphones in. I pressed shuffle and let The Kids Aren't Alright by The Offspring play as I skated away from the big house.

It was annoying that I had to walk or skate everywhere, even though I had my license. For some reason my father didn't trust me enough to get me my own car.

As I rolled up to the front of the sophisticated looking school, I saw Jenna jogging toward me. I hopped off the skateboard and pulled out one of my earbuds "are you ready to become a musician?" She asked.

"Born ready" I said sarcastically and she pushed my shoulder.

"Shut up, you know you're excited" she laughed as we walked up the front steps, littered with kids "and I've been in the store before, the guy with the nose ring that works there is really hot. Hopefully he's your teacher"

All my friends knew I was gay, along with my family. I didn't keep it a secret, but I wasn't bluntly gay.

The bell for home room rang and we separated. I walked into my AP Biology class and took my place in the back of the room. Our teacher, Mrs. Wallace, walked in a few minutes later. As she was taking attendance the boy next to me leaned over his desk.

"Hey Kellin, party at my house this weekend" he said to me.

I looked up to see who it was talking to me. His name was Bryan, I had been to his parties before. He was one of the rich kids with alcoholic parents that threw them often.

"Cool, I think I can come" I nodded and smiled at him.

I wasn't popular in school, but I wasn't unpopular. I had a small group of friends and we were all generally liked.

The school day dragged on as it usually did. I had chorus second period so I left my guitar in the school's music room for the day, and picked it up before leaving the school. I skated the half of a mile it took to get into the city of San Diego.

I turned down a few back streets until I got to the shop with a large, neon guitar above the entrance that read "Fuentes' música"

I'm going to be learning mariachi shit, great. I thought to myself as I pushed the door open, hearing a bell ring above me as I did.

I stepped in and looked around the larger looking shop, guitars lined one far wall, in the back looked like drums and keyboards. I heard a throat clear behind me and jumped.

When I turned I saw a man now standing behind the counter, his brown hair stopped at his shoulders and placed on top of it was a SnapBack. Pinned to his shirt was a name tag that read Vic.

"Oh, I have a lesson?" I held up my guitar and chewed on my lip nervously.

"Are you asking me?" As I stepped up to the counter I now noticed the gold hoop in his nose, I guess this is who Jenna was talking about.

"Uh no, my names Kellin-" I started but he interrupted me.

"Quinn, four o'clock. You're fifteen minutes late" he shut the book filled with names that he had been looking at.

Okay, what an asshole. "Sorry, I got caught up at school"

He just nodded and started to walk down a hallway behind the counter "follow me" he said, facing away from me.

I quickly shuffled behind him and he opened a set of double doors that led to a room with various instruments scattered around it. I walked in and set my things down, looking around.

"So my names Vic, by now I assume you've figured out I'll be your teacher" he gave me a little smirk before picking an acoustic guitar off it's stand.

"Yeah, unfortunately" I mumbled as I started to unzip my case.

"What was that?" I looked up from my kneeling position to see him standing above me.

"N-nothing" I stuttered and bit my lip before standing up. His eyes seemed to get impossibly darker as they scanned me up and down before he swiftly turned around. Did he just check me out? I thought and swallowed hard.

Jenna was right about him behind hot though. His tan arms flexed as he plucked at the strings and turned the nobs at the end of his guitar, I could see how toned his chest was through is rather tight shirt. God, I hope he doesn't make it hard to focus.

A/N
This is my first time writing boyxboy but I'm vv excited bc KELLIC ❤️❤️ I'll try to update as much as I can and most chapters with probably be longer, but please vote+comment ILY