Chapter 4

The rest of the weekend dragged on; The majority of my Saturday was spent watching the kids until around 8:30 when my parents got home. Sarah greeted my father at the door with a hug, like she did every time he makes it in before she's asleep, and asked him to do something with her. He'd always brush her off and disappear to his office.

I sighed and crouched down to my little sister's hight "hey, don't get upset sweetheart" I gently pinched her pouted out bottom lip "wanna get some ice cream?" Her eyes brightened and she nodded eagerly.

I grabbed the keys to my dad's black BMW and his credit card, asked my brothers if they wanted anything, and we were off.

On Sunday Justin came over and we played video games for a good portion of the day. The next day was one I was dreading. I had my guitar lesson after school but I was nervous to face Vic.

All weekend I've been thinking about him, how much of a dick he was to me when we first met and then the next time I see him we fuck. I couldn't wrap my head around it and almost regretted sleeping with him, but who am I kidding? However, I do plan on confronting him about how he treated me before.

When my alarm woke me up Monday morning it was raining. I groaned and pulled my comforter over my head, wanting nothing more than to stay there all day. I sucked up my petty feelings and got ready for school, throwing on my boring uniform and a red beanie, I grabbed my things and ran downstairs.

When I got to the kitchen it was empty and quiet. I saw a note on the fridge;

Kellin,
Your father and I had to go into work this morning, the kids got a ride to school with Sam's mom. Have a good day xx
Love, mom

I sighed and crumpled up the note "would've been nice to not make me walk in the fucking rain" I said out loud and took my phone out. I dialed Justin and he picked up after the third ring.

"Hey Kells, what's up?" He said.

"Hey, do you think you could pick me up?" I asked as I looked through the cupboards for something to eat.

"Yeah of coarse, I'll be there in like five minutes"

"Thanks man, see you then"

"Laterr"

I hung up the phone and bit into a strawberry pop tart. I flipped through social media as I ate my breakfast and soon heard a horn blow out side. I pulled on my jacket and slipped on a pair of Vans before rushing out the door with my things.

When I got into Justin's black Jeep, he smirked at the guitar case I set in his back seat "right, you have lessons tonight" he winked and pulled out of my driveway once I was buckled.

"Shut up" I groaned and put my foot on the dash in front of me.

"Whoa, whoa get your feet down you animal" Justin said in a serious tone.

I laughed and put my feet flat on the floor. The rest of the ride we talked about a history test coming up and math homework that Justin didn't do. When we pulled in we saw Jenna standing by her little green Volkswagen, talking to Gabe.

Justin pulled up next to them and laid on his horn. People walking by jumped and stared at us. I laughed at Jenna's cheeks viable heating up.

"You asshole!" She yelled, punching Justin in the shoulder once he was out of the Jeep.

We all walked into school together and when the bell rang, went separate ways.When I walked into biology I ran right into some kid, causing him to drop the few books he was carrying "oh shit" I said, moving quickly to pick them up for him "I'm really sorry.." I told the unfamiliar ginger.

"Alan" he said taking the books with a smile "and it's okay, I wasn't paying attention"

"I'm Kellin, are you new?" I asked, walking to my seat.

"Yeah, I just moved here from Florida" he said and sat his things on a desk next to mine.

"Cool, how do you like California so far?"

"It's pretty good, I use to live here when I was younger"

"Well then there's nothing to get use to" I laughed and the teacher began class.

At lunch I saw Alan sitting alone so I offered for him to sit with my friends and I since he seemed like a nice guy. He gladly excepted and I led him to our table "hey guys, this is Alan" I said sitting next to Justin and Alan sitting next to me "this is his first day"

"How do you like it here?" Gabe asked before biting a chunk out of a piece of pizza.

"It's nice, better than my last school" Alan chuckled. We all talked about different things before the bell rang and we separated.

After our last few periods I found Justin and Nick "hey can I catch a ride to the music shop?" I asked Justin as we walked down the front steps of the school.

"Yeah, c'mon" he said and we all walked to his jeep together, piled in and drove off. We stopped at a small taco place close to the music store since I had some time.

"Are you nervous about seeing...what's his name again?" Nick asked as we ate our Mexican food.

"Vic" I told him and shrugged "kind of, he was just such a dick when we first met I'm not sure how he'll act" I sighed. I glanced behind Justin to see Vic's younger brother, shit what was his name?

"Mikey!" My question was answered by a squealing blonde throwing herself at him. I recognized her though, Alysha Nett, she went to our school but the last time I saw her she was making out with a football player.

I quickly looked away when I realized I was starring and Justin threw a chip at me "who is that?" He asked.

"Vic's little brother" I ducked my head down incase he remembered me.

Nick and Justin both started laughed at my discomfort. I flipped them off before flinging soda off my straw at them "let's get outta here" Justin said standing up. We threw our trash away and headed to Fuentes' Music.

~
I'm so sorry I suck at updating