Chapter 28

S

     "Sars, ready ka na? Punta na tayo sa stage."

     "Good luck, Anak!"

Ang lakas ng kaba ng dibdib ko habang naglalakad papuntang stage. Hindi ko alam kung ang kabang ito e dahil sa mga artists ko o dahil sa makikita ko na uli siya. Hindi na naman siya nagparamdam pagkatapos ng Globe Tower launch. Again, what more can I expect from him? Lalo na ngayon na nagpakilala na sa akin yung asawa niya. I guess she's already marking her territory.

Kanina, gusto ko sana siya kausapin nung rehearsals namin. Pero parang wala siya sa mood. Tsaka, anong sasabihin ko sa kaniya? Coach, I met your wife na pala. Nagkausap kami. Mukha naman siyang mabait. Kaya siguro nagustuhan mo siya. Wala na siguro akong hihintayin... Para siguro talaga ako sa iba...

B

I couldn't look at her during the rehearsals. I don't have any face to show after what M did during the Globe event.

     "I did nothing wrong! I just talked to her. I just introduced myself as your wife, I swear!"

     "Buy why did she leave so soon? She must have been upset!"

     "And you immediately blame me for that?"

     "Chico saw you talking to her before the performance and she wasn't at her best when we sang together."

     "And you know her well enough to see that she was upset over something just by her performance..."

     "M, what did you say to her?"

     "Nothing that would upset her! Unless me telling her that I'm your wife was the reason for her being upset."

     "..."

     "It is a known fact, Bamboo. Why would she be upset over it? Is it because she likes you, too? She's in love with you, isn't she? Is she?"

I should be upset but remembering this conversation with M, she was right. Why would Sarah get affected by my wife's introduction if she has no feelings for me? Talk about blessings in disguise. I need to confirm this.

I saw her walking along the corridor towards the stage. It's now or never...

     "Sarah!"

     "Coach."

     "Uhm... I... Ah... How are you?"

     "Ok naman po ako."

     "So, we're back to 'po'?"

She smiled and looked down.

     "Sarah?"

     "Ano yun?"

     "I'm sorry."

     "Sorry? Para saan?"

     "For everything. For everything that may have upset you because of me."

     "Coach..."

     "Call me Bamboo."

     "Bamboo... Hindi ka dapat mag-sorry. Wala ka naman kasalanan. Kung ano man itong nararamdaman ko, ginusto ko ito e."

     "Ginusto mo na?"

C'mon... Say it. Sarah. Tell me you love me, too. Tell me you feel the same way about me.

     "Hay, Bamboo. Ano ba ito? Hahahaha Ang hirap!"

     "It doesn't have to be difficult."