Chapter 31

B

     "You look happy."

     "I am."

     "Why?"

I smiled and looked at her. It's the first time in years that I've looked at her with a smile. I must be really happy!

     "Has it got something to do with Sarah?"

Should I tell her? What will I tell her, anyway? I was so ecstatic after last night, I've forgotten what happened or what I did or what Sarah did after that. Hahaha

     "You don't have to say anything. I think I already know the answer."

I stood up, smiled at her once more, and hugged her. She hugged me back.

     "Bambs?"

I was smiling and crying at the same time. Call me crazy, I was laughing, too!

     "Bambs?"

I held her face. Touched my forehead to hers.

     "M..."

     "You're really happy, aren't you?"

     "Yes. Yes, I am."

     "I have never seen you this happy before."

She was crying, too.

     "I'm so happy... So happy."

     "I know. I can feel it. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I am happy you're happy."

Did I hear her right? She's happy I'm happy?

     "Do you mean it? Do you really mean it, M?"

     "Yeah. I... I guess I do. You look so happy. Ultimately, that's how I want you to be."

I hugged her again.

     "Thank you. Thank you, M. Thank you so much."

     "So, I guess Sarah must really love you, for her to risk everything."

     "What do you mean?"

I pulled off from our embrace and looked at her.

     "Nothing. I mean, wouldn't she be risking a lot of things being with you?"

     "She knew the risks she'd be getting herself into even before. M, did you do anything?"

     "What? No! How could you ask me that?"

     "I just thought, maybe you talked to her again."

     "Uhm, I didn't. Even if I did, I don't think it would matter. Look at you, you're so happy, you're suddenly hugging me and smiling at me."

     "Because I am happy. And I am glad you're happy for me, too."

     "Masakit. Mahirap. Pero nakikita ko na sobrang saya mo. Kahit hindi dahil sa akin. Kahit dahil sa kanya."

     "So, have you finally decided? Have you finally decided to let me go?"

She smiled at me.

     "I said I am happy for you. But I never said I would already let you go."

S

That's it. Nilubos ko na yung pagkakataon na yun kagabi. I will consider that as my first real kiss because I was kissed thoroughly. Iniisip ko pa lang ang nangyari sa amin kagabi... Grabe, ang init naman dito! Hay... Good thing, he was a true gentleman last night.