16:32 (same day)

"Is she okay?!" James asked, wanting a response from anyone.  He crouched down to help her back to her feet along with Bucky.
   "She's still got a pulse," Bucky answered.  Right then they got to the infirmary.
   "Vision!  We need help." James explained.  Bucky lifted Torrun onto the examination table. 
   "She broke her back.  She doesn't have any numbness.  It's broken right below here," Bucky said, pulling her shirt up and lightly touching her back a little above the break, which was right below the bottom of her ribs.
   "She will need surgery, but after my scans I can see that her spinal cord is not damaged," Vision told them.  "In order to illuminate the chance of infection, you must leave the room," he continued. 
   Bucky nodded, bent down and kissed her forehead, "good luck sweetie."
   James murmured, "hang in there Torrun," and followed Bucky out the door.  The rest of the team was right outside.  Steve and Tony looked like they were about to rip their hair out, Pym and Azari looked shocked, and Francis had a smirk on his face.
   "How is she?  How did this happen?" Steve asked. 
   Bucky started to explain but then stopped.  "Why are you smiling?" he asked Francis.
  He put his hands up "You lifted up her shirt"  If looks could kill, Francis' head would be rolling on the floor.  Both Jameses, Steve and Tony looked as though they loathed him.  Steve, calming down, put an arm in front of Bucky as he lunged at Hawkeye, who got in a defensive position.  "Whoa hold it old man." he continued disrespectfully.
   "Hawkeye, not the time!" Steve told him.
   "Yeah whatever," he said walking out of the room.  Bucky resumed explaining the situation as if nothing had happened. 
   When he was finished James asked, "Don't I still have something tracking me?"  This lead Tony to bring him to a different room in his bunker.
   "What's that?  An airport metal detector?" James asked.
  "A lot more high tech than that," Tony responded.  "Okay walk through it slowly," he told James.  The machine worked as James awkwardly walked back and forth through it slowly.  "It's implanted behind your left ear but it's very close to an artery...I'll have to have Vision take it out for you because he's more accurate than I am." Tony explained. 
   "Sounds good..." James answered still feeling terrible about the situation.  All he wanted to do was get rid of the tracker and apologize to Torrun.
            *****************************
   Torrun's eyes opened slowly and reluctantly.  She suddenly felt a pain in her back...right that was broken.  The pain was different now.  It was closer to the surface too.  She felt a line of stitches crossing her spine.  She had found out about a year ago that she wasn't invulnerable...that would've been useful now.  She tried to look around "She is awake now," she heard Vision say.  Then there was a huge commotion at the door.  She laughed to herself at the huge fuss over her.  James was the first to her bed.  Bucky was close behind and then Tony.  Steve was right behind him and Azari and Pym filed in behind him.
   "This room is not big enough for you all!" she said. 
   James laughed.  "Good Mornn-night!" he said.  "Sorry...again."
   "It's fine!" Torrun repeated.  She noticed a lump of gauze taped behind his ear.  "What happened?"  she asked pointing to his ear.
   "Tracking devise," he explained.
   "How are you?" Tony asked.
   "Better," she said.  The crowding around her while she was laying down was bothering her so she sat up, gritted her teeth, and leaned up against the wall. "How was California?" she asked, changing the subject.