6. Interrogation of the Innocent

"So, you're Jimin, Yoongi's boyfriend."

Jimin's head snapped to look at the stranger sitting next to him. He felt his cheeks begin to flare up as he fully processed what the guy had said.

"Namjoon? Jimin asked, hoping that this was the infamous male that seemed extremely overprotective of the blind boy.

"The one and only," he responded, running his had through his messy light brown hair. "So, Jimin, first things first. Tell me about yourself." Jimin gulped, nervous for no particular reason.

"Well, I'm Park Jimin, born in '95, I work at the cafe now, I rent an apartment with my friend Hoseok, and that's really it." Namjoon nodded.

"How did you meet Yoongi?"

"I ran into him at the cafe and offered to keep him company on his way home, he took me up on that offer and invited me to have lunch with him and, yeah."

"What happened today?"

"I got a call from him asking me to come over, and he sounded to be in really rough shape, so I went over and found him passed out on the floor. I convinced him to let me call an ambulance, and then you called."

"You know you're very important to him, right?" Jimin nodded, biting his lip out of nervousness. "He doesn't let people in easily. I don't know why, but he likes you. So you better not hurt him. Understood?" Jimin nodded as he locked eyes with the elder, fear coursing through his veins. "Then we're good. This interrogation of the innocent is over, for now at least." Jimin sighed in relief, thankful that the elder had deemed him acceptable to be in Yoongi's presence. It would've broken Jimin's heart if the older had not taken at least the smallest bit of liking to him.

"Did you grab him clothes?" Namjoon asked, gesturing towards the pile on Jimin's lap.

"Yeah, I got him a jacket and shoes. I grabbed his wallet for his insurance card which I already dealt with, and-" Jimin stopped abruptly. "I forgot his cane." He looked towards the elder, his eyes wide out of fear and guilt. "I'm so stupid, oh my god, this is why Hoseok is my only friend, oh god. I don't have a car with me either and if you go get it and you aren't back in time that'll be terrible, oh my-" Namjoon help out his hand, silencing the younger.

"Dude, breathe, you're fine, I've done worse. I got so drunk one night I tried to get him to drive home. We ended up staying, thank god, but still. You aren't that bad," Namjoon said with a small smile on his face. "Anyway, he'll probably just hold your arm and let you lead him. Worst case, one of us will have to carry him." Jimin nodded, still feeling guilty.

A nurse approached the waiting area and called out, "Visitors of Min Yoongi?" Both boys stood and followed the nurse as he led them off to the side.

"I'm Taehyung, Yoongi's nurse. He fractured his left clavicle, or his collarbone, but it is an inline fracture so we aren't planning doing any surgery. Instead, we're sending him home with a sling as well as a brace that will keep the bone stable during healing. He's going to need help putting it on, he'll want to loosen it to sleep in the beginning until he feels alright sleeping without it. Someone should be bringing it soon, so if you'd follow me to his room I'll show you how to put it on. Now, he lives alone?" Taehyung asked over his shoulder leading the others to his room.

"Yeah he does. I don't work very far from his apartment so I can stay with him if it's needed," Jimin responded, not noticing Namjoon nodding at him in approval.

"He'll need someone for the first few days, probably a couple weeks at least, so if you'd stay with him, that would be excellent. Here we are," Taehyung entered a room with the boys following, and picked up a blue brace.