Accidents Happen

"He so likes you," Gabby teased. She sat at my island, her and Kale both watching me make us dinner. It became a tradition to eat together at least once a week, and it being my turn, I chose to make a home cooked meal.

"Stop distracting me, Gabby," I told her as I started cutting up the carrots. Just the thought of beef and carrot stew made my stomach growl and I quickly wanted to make it.

"But you gotta admit it, he likes you," She said again, my vision flicking to her to see her eyebrows wiggle.

"Kale, shut her up please," I asked him.

Kale sat there quietly for a second. ".......But he obviously does."

I groan and continue to chop up the carrots. I just wanted to eat.

Kale and Gabby began to bicker, but I drown them out. My head, shocker shocker, went to Erik, who I haven't seen in three days. Though, yes, while still admit, very handsome, if he did like me, he would have tried to seen me again.

Kale and Gabby's bickering grew louder and louder to the point they were yelling. I groan again and turn to them, opening my mouth to yell-

DING ~ DONG

I jump, the door shocking me to the point that I fumble with the knife. The knife clattered to the floor and I stood there, shocked. A stinging feeling invaded my arm, then went to burning.

"Oh god, Sage!" Gabby practically yelled, grabbing me. "Kale, answer the door. I'll take care of Sage."

It wasn't until Gabby pulled me into the bathroom that I noticed the decent size cut up my arm. It wasn't deep, but blood still wept from it.

"Oh crap..." I mumble, looking it over.

"Oh crap!? That's all you have to say?! Oh crap!?" Gabby exclaimed rummaging through my bathroom. "Your arm is literally cut open and that's all you have to say!? You're fucking bleeding, Sage!!! Your life juices is spilling out of your body!! Where's your first aid kit?! Where's you disinfectant!? COME ON, WE GOTTA-"

"Gabby!" I yelled out. She turned to me, her face almost pure white. "Your inner mom is coming out," I told her. "And the first aid kit is under the sink."

After ten minutes of wrapping up my cut and Gabby fusing over me, we walk back in the living room to find Kale looking through my mail.

"The mail man apologizes for scaring you," Kale said, flipping through letters.

"Fucker better apologies," Gabby grumbled, flopping down next to Kale.

I sighed and walked back into the kitchen. I picked up the knife and placed in the sink before picking up my phone.

"Pizza, anyone?" I asked.

  ❤  

"Yay! Friday's over! Gabby cheered as the last customer left the store. After counting the cash in the register and making sure everything was in order, we grabbed our coats and walked out, myself locking the door.

Kale and Gabby were chatting up until they walked outside and I turned to lock the door. I didn't think much of it until I turned back around and was greeted with pale green eyes.

"It's nice to see you again," He said, Kale and Gabby grinning widely right behind him.

I feel my cheeks heat up before I smile. "Hey," I start, "it's great to see you again too."

Erik grinned down at me and I stepped closer, wanting the gap to be smaller. But as I do, his smile drops and his face pales.

"You're bleeding," He said, looking directly at my arm.

I look down at my arm and upon seeing no blood, roll the sleeve up. Sure enough, blood was beginning to seep through the bandages.

"Oh, yeah," I said. "I was making dinner yesterday and I accidentally cut myself. I need to change the bandages."

When I look back up and see how pale he was, my stomach dropped. "A-are you okay? You're really pale."

"I-I'm fine," He managed to see, taking a shallow breath. "I'm- I'm actually a bit sheepish around blood."

"Oh," I said, pulling down my sleeve. "I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't worry about it," He interrupted. "I came by to see if it was okay to walk you home."

"O-oh," My cheeks quickly heat up again. "S-sure, yeah."

He smiles, but I can tell that it's forced. 'Is he that disturbed by my cut?' I thought. 

I said my goodbyes to Gabby and Kale and Erik and I made our way to my house. The only sound between us was our breath and the snow crunching beneath our feet.

After the silence seemed to get heavy, I glance up at Erik. He was still pale, but he seemed to be getting paler. His hands shook from what I could only believe nerves and he seemed out of it.

"Erik?" I break the silence, stopping in my tracks.

As soon as he noticed I stopped, he turned to me. "Is everything alright?" He asked, his breath airy.

"No, cause you're obviously not alright," I told him, taking a step closer. "Are you really okay? I feel like you're about to faint or pass out."

"I-i'm fine, I promise, I'm just- Ahh!"

Suddenly, he was gripping me and his head laid in between the folds of my neck. The fear had suddenly roared from the pit of my stomach, the fear that had finally went away. It zipped through my body, lastly going to my heart. His grip was deadly, almost cutting off the circulations in my arms.

"E-Erik," I squeaked, fear absorbing me.

"I-I'm sorry. I truly am," He said. Slowly, his grip loosened and he pulled away, eyes refusing to look at me. He refused to look at me,  his gaze focused on the ground. "I-"

"Go home."

"Huh?" He finally looked up at me, his gaze not only reading confusion, but pain.

"Obviously the cut's bothering you," I told him. "Go home. I don't like seeing you in this kind of pain."

His expression was shock for a moment before his face broke out in a smile. "You are truly too kind," He said. "It's still a wonder how I only met you a few days ago."

I smiled up at him and stepped back. "I'll see you later?" I asked.

He nods, "Later," He says before he takes my hand and kisses it. My face warms up and we part ways, each of us going home. 

  ❤  

After changing my wound and watching a good two hours of NCIS, I couldn't ignore my mother's voice anymore.

"They'll know you've spilled blood before you even tell. They won't act normal, and some hold back. If someone seems off, keep your guard up."

My head was practically splitting open from just the thought of my mom's insane antics. Finally, I get up and grab a piece a paper and wrote down everything I knew. Everything my mother drilled into my head. Everything I could recite by word.

In just a few minutes after writing it, it was in the garbage bin. My mother was mad, I can't believe anything she says.

But even as I went to bed, something nagged at me that she was..... right.