Years

A whole week passed before the cut finally healed to a scar. A whole week passed and Erik hasn't shown up but once, on the day I wasn't working. To say I didn't wish for him to show up would be a lie. But I also didn't want him to react like he did before. It not only scared me, but practically pushed me to worry.

It was Friday again, only I was closing shop alone. I told Gabby and Kale to leave early and I would take care of closing up. I had to persuade them a bit, but finally, they left. I counted the cash, got it in the vault, then check the store before finally locking up.

It was silent, I only focused on the locking the door, the only sound was the key doing it's work. As I step away from the shop, snow began to fall, the small flakes draping themselves over me. It was night's like these that really made me enjoy living in Snow Peak. It was nights like these that I didn't want to waste inside.

Instead of heading home, I walked in the other direction, deciding to stop by my favorite breakfast diner for dinner before stopping at the local bakery. It wasn't a night to spend inside, I was going to enjoy the snow fall as much as I could before it turned into a blizzard.

As I walked, my mind began to wonder, before my thoughts landed on Erik. If I didn't keep my thoughts busy, it always went to him. I couldn't help but remember all that Gabby and Kale said about him.

"He came in when you weren't here Monday. The look on his face when we told him you weren't working that day... Your heart would have broke," Gabby told me, her grin wide.

"I guess he wanted to buy you something, cause he pointed out a necklace in the display case in the other room. You know, the one that gives you a heart attack cause you know how much it costs?" Kale said, grinning. "Don't worry, we told him you don't like flashy stuff like that. He left as soon as we told him that."

I shook my head at the thought and continue on, silently hoping he hasn't actually bought me anything too expensive.

I walked into The Emerald Blossom and basked in the warmth. The Emerald Blossom was one of the best restaurants in Snow Peak, if you asked me. It reminded me of Spring back home, which I've missed greatly. It reminded me more of home with it being one of the few family restaurants in Snow Peak.

Kelly, a tiny girl that was going through college, took me to a two person booth and handed me a menu.

"I would ask if you want your usual, but I know you want to hear our specials first, Sage," Kelly asked, smiling at me.

"Of course," I told her, smiling.

She grinned before clearing her throat. "Today specials are Grammy Sally's Stew, which is a beef stew with either noodles or rice; Papa Bears eggs and bacon, which is three eggs served the way you like and a whole plate of bacon; and our new special, a heaping serving of a blind date!"

"That sounds - wait, huh?" I look up to her and saw the same grin Gabby and Kale would wear when ever-

'He did not,' I thought before I look to the seat opposite of mine. Erik sat down and smiled up at me, a devious look in his life.

I look up at Kelly, trying so hard to surpress my smile, but failing. "I swear," I threaten, but my smile broke through.

"Your usual?" Kelly asked, grinning.

"Yes please," I told her, trying to hide my smile.

"And you, sir?" Kelly asked Erik.

"The Grammy Sally's Stew with rice sounds delicious," He said, smiling at her.

"Emerald Blossom tea?" She asked me.

"Yes," I said.

"And you?"