Part 18

Turns out I had no broken ribs, but am severely underweight. I get given medicine for my head and rib bruises, and Derek takes me home. Well, back to his. I don't have a home.

"Have you took your other meds today?" Asks Derek, leaning forward on the couch and looking at me. I shake my head. He stands up before I have a chance.

"One second." He mumbles, walking off towards his room. He returns soon after with three bottles consisting of my anxiety, depression and ADHD meds. Speaking of which, my ADHD hasn't been so bad recently.

"Thanks." I murmer, taking the bottles from his large hands. I have two of each pill, and swallow them down with a big gulp of water.

"Do you feel okay? How's your head?" Asks Derek, looking at me with concerned eyes.

"It's fine. My ribs hurts like a bitch, though." I say, rolling my eyes.

Derek gently puts a hand on the centre of my head, slowly ruffling my already messy hair.

"Hey, uh, thanks... Derek." I say in a low voice. He gives me a sympathetic smile.

"What d'you want for lunch?" Asks Derek. Lunch. I haven't actually had a proper lunch meal in so long.

***
Derek found my phone behind the toaster after we ate; he made the best grilled cheese sandwiches.

I check my messages- wouldn't be surprised if no one said anything, but...

9 new messages from: Scotty

Oh, crap. I read each one.

Dude, where are you?

Tried to climb through your window last night but it was locked?? Wtf??

Why aren't you at school? R u okay?!?!

STILES WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU???

My mom just texted saying you were at the hospital. WHY?

BrO WTF WHATS HAPPENED

Was it your dad?

Stiles, please answer me dude.

My mom said you're with Derek. WTF?!?! I'm coming over

I sigh frustratedly when I see he sent that last one four minutes ago, meaning he'll be here any minute now.

"Derek," I call, though my voice is croaky and dry.

"Yeah? Are you okay?" He asks hurriedly, rushing to my side. I chuckle dryly.

"I'm fine. My mom told Scott I was with you and now he's freaking out. He's coming round." I answer, rolling my eyes.

Before Derek can speak, a series of loud knocks at the door interrupt our conversation. Derek sighs, but goes to answer it. I go and sit on the couch, pulling a blanket up to my chin. I forgot about the huge gash across my face. Great.

Scott walk in, takes a look at me and gasps.

"Dude, what happened? Your face..." He breathes, furrowing his brows. I shrug.

After a moment, I say "Just my dad again. But this time he kicked me out..." my voice wavering. Derek frowns sadly next to me.

"Stiles... Why didn't you come to-"

"I was upset. I know it's stupid and ridiculous but... I just was." I say, not looking at him.

"Did I do something wrong?" Asks Scott, fiddling with his long sleeves. I shake my head quickly.

"No, no. Of course not. It's just me being an emotional wreck but, you know." I shrug again, avoiding his gaze.

"Well, what happened? Maybe I can help." He says softly, kneeling down next to coach so he's at my eye level.

"No, Scott. Seriously, just leave it." I tell him, dismissively shutting my eyes before he can answer.

He groans and walks out with Derek. I barely hear their conversation in the kitchen. Probably talking about me.

They're probably talking about how worthless you are.

And weak, pathetic.

Just an annoying burden who needs to get out of their way.

Stupid fuck-up

My mind circles with paranoia and anxious thoughts, and in the end I stand up, almost losing it. I take a deep breath to steady myself and, before I know it, I'm grabbing a bag of most my belongings and heading outside- despite the searing pain gnawing away at my ribs- to my jeep. I get in and sit there for a moment, staring.

That's when I lose it. I start screaming. Angry, sad, frustrated? I hit at the steering wheel, crying. Until my hand starts to hurt and I pull away, wiping my eyes. I sniff and take a deep breath, looking around to check no ones watching me. Then I start to drive. I don't belong here, with them.

***

"Hello. Welcome to Eichan House."

"Hi, I'd, uh, like to check in."

A/N ooooooh sorry short ass chapter but :00000 *dramatic music* ok pls comment and vote!!