Chapter 3: ' Freaking Beverly Bottomly'

Today is the first day back at Dover School and I'm fairly excited. I mean, last term was great, besides the slight awkwardness with Dr Lighthowler, I had a great time, had fun with my friends, got a new boyfriend, and I even landed myself the leading role! So I'm hoping this term will be just as good as the last.

As I made my way to school, the sun was shining brightly down on me and I smiled to myself, feeling joyful, and humming and merry tune. The birds were chirping brightly and the air seemed crisp with a sense of hope and wonder to what he day would bring. The old village of Skipley looked so quaint and my merry hum intensified as I smiled brightly to myself, yep this term was going to be gre-

"OI WATCH IT" A loud booming voice yelled to me as I fell to the ground roughly. I looked up at my attacker, and was met the the piggy eyes of Beverly Bottomly. Great.

"Oh Hey Beverly, so nice to see you!" I say as I pulled myself from the ground, a bright smile on my face. Beverly faltered slightly, a frown clearly etched onto her face, as I continued smiling at her.

"Oh shut it, you lanky good for nothing weirdo and quite you smiling!" She bellowed, and I winced slightly, but my smile widened.

"I do apologize my good lady, it's just that it's such a beautiful day that one can't help it but smile. It's so good to see you! It has been a good long while now, how are you doing? "I say, refusing to let my good mood be destroyed by the likes of Beverly Bottomly. Beverly's face twisted with both anger and confusion and I couldn't help but find it hilarious.

"Shut up you, and leave me alone! You haven't seen Cain have you, I know you stalk him like lion stalks his pray." She snarls evilly, and although I was impressed with her pretty effective metaphor her words made my smile disappear, and it was now my turn to frown.

"Why are you looking for Cain?" I say, forcing my lips to curl upwards, as I attempted to not sound suspicious, however Beverly's smirk intensified and I felt myself glower.

"Oh, nothing to do with thee, you streak of lard, it's just he said he'd meet me round 'ere." My heart sank, and lips trembled, but I regained, my façade and pretended not to be affected.

"Nope, sorry haven't seen him, hope you find him though, sorry, I've got to get to school! Bye-bye!" I rushed off leaving Beverly with an evil expression twisted onto her face. Of course, I wasn't stupid. I knew Beverly had just said all that to see how I'd react and I wasn't going to fall for her old tricks and let her get me down. No way, this was going to be a great day, a great day.

After about another five minutes of walking I finally reached Dover halls front entrance, and step inside the huge doors, smiling as I breathe in the familiar scent. It feels good to be back here, I can't wait to activate my drama mode.

I ran to my homeroom and saw the girls there, and I smiled, managing to forget about Beverly Bottomly's words.

"Hey Lullah!" They all chorused mirroring my enthusiasm as I waved at them all.

"Hey guys, so what's the latest goss?" I questioned, and the girls' smiles intensified.

"We're all going to the tree at lunch to meet the boys, Jo arranged it all with Phil." Flossie said, smiling along with all the other girls. But it seemed off; they all seemed off. Their smiled were a little too enthusiastic and Vaisey was refusing to meet my eye.

"Umm oaky?" I say, frowning and staring at them al searching for any hint as to what was going on. "Anything else?"

"Nope, nothing except that all the boys will be there, and a few others that Phil said wanted to meet me." Jo said, her voice seeming a little more high-pitched then normal. New boys? I was beyond confused, why was Phil bringing people we had never met before?