Preview

A toxic fume was in the air as a young girl around the age of fifteen worked with the black oils that matched her choppy black hair as if she hadn't had a haircut in a while, which is correct. The tools she used were cold and metal as she plucked a picture from her right with a device and placed it in the red liquid. She wiped a beat of sweat off her face therefore staining it with a black substance. As she looked around the dark room she heard a terrified scream pierce her ears as she subconsciously ran toward the sound. Beating up the stairs and slamming the door open she saw her little brother, Luke, crying on the cot they share together. The room she was in was a lonely light gray with only one cot, a small water pump, two cardboard boxes holding a small amount of the items they owned, and a window with a thin curtain. She slowly tiptoed to her crying brother, humming their favorite song quietly under her breath as she neared him. She soundlessly sat on the small mattress and cradled him in her arms. She broke her humming to kiss his forehead and ask soothingly, "Did you have another nightmare?"

          The little boy hiccupped as he look up into his sister's oily black eyes, like the oil he see all the time, and answer with a small yes, nuzzling his head further into her. A small smile plastered the girl's lips as she asked the boy, "What was it about?"

          And the answer surprised her as she looked into his honey brown eyes, "Losing you to your job, Kenzie."

          The girl now known as Kenzie immediately composed herself and brushed his brown hair away from his face, with his bangs that hanged a little too low with a triangle like shape that smelled awful and felt like sandpaper, but she didn't care, and rubbed there noses together like a winter's kiss. As she returned back they both had cheeky grins but soon turned into a stern face as she responded, giving a simple but complex answer, "If I ever do, run."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! This is my first story on Wattpad so I hoped you enjoyed it. This is just a preview for what's to come in the next chapters and they will be longer I promise. If any of you wondered this was about three hundred and ninety-five words and I will be aiming to get about four hundred fifty to five hundred in the next few chapter but fingers crossed! Also if you're a little confused about the story don't worry I wanted to make the preview a little mysterious but the next chapter will explain what in the world is actually happening. If you have any questions, suggestions, or statements don't be shy to share them, I will respond to all of them most likely! Also don't forget to

Comment!

Vote!

Share!

And I hope you have a perfectly lovely day, and that's all for now, bye!