Chapter 20

I woke to the sun's rays peeking through the curtains. The feeling of bliss filled me as I stretched, but then I froze when I heard a tired mumble and a large arm pulling me closer to a warm body. I looked over my shoulder to see Thresh, sleeping.

This is the first time I've ever seen him sleep, it was a miracle really. He look so at peace as he slept.

The events of the previous night was still fresh in my mind. I touched the spot on my neck where Thresh marked me, at last claiming us as one.

I smiled and gently cupped his cheek, his short stubble tickling my palm. Thresh mumbled and stirred in his sleep, suddenly Thresh's face became pained and he started to grip me tighter, it actually hurt me.

"S-stop." He started to mumble. "Leave- leave her- a-lone!"

"Thresh!" I started to shake him to wake him up. "Thresh! Wake up! It's just a dream! Thresh!"

His eyes shot open and he sat up snarling, searching the room for any signs if danger. Then, Thresh's wide red eyes landed on mine. He relaxed somewhat but was still on edge.

I sat up and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey." I whispered. "Are you okay?"

Thresh leaned his head in the crook of my neck. "Sorry if I scared you."

I rubbed my hand through his hair. "You didn't, I was only worried. You still didn't answer my question."

Thresh hesitated, then lifted his face to look into my eyes. "I don't know." He sighed. "This is why I don't really sleep."

I raised a brow. "How long has it been since you've slept."

A sheepish look appeared in his face. "I would sleep every two days or so."

My eyes widened. "What?! Thresh, that's not healthy! Why would you do that?"

"Because, it's always the same dream." Thresh started to clench his fist. "My father beating my mother, our battle, her dying because of me. It's all the same, and I can't do anything about it." Thresh gazed into my eyes. "What scared me the most, what if that happens to you? What if something happens to you and I can't do anything about it?"

I cupped his face. "Thresh, listen to me. That will never happen. Know why?" He shook his head. "Because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I love you Thresh, and nothing will take that away."

Thresh smiled genuinely, leaning in to kiss my lips. I smiled into it and pulled away. "I love you too, Shiva." He sighed contently. "How did a guy like me, get to be with a girl like you?"

I chuckled. "It's fate."

Thresh smiled and nuzzled my neck. I felt warmth and love as he did. Thresh just makes me happy. I sighed. "I wish we could stay here forever."

Thresh smirked into my neck. "Unfortunately we can't. There are many things that need to be done today."

Thresh pulled away and stood from the bed. It was then that I realized that he was still naked and blushed.

Thresh looked over his shoulder, feeling my stare, and smirked. "Like what you see?"

I rolled my eyes. "Meh, I'd give it a 6." I teased.

Thresh chuckled and stepped in or the bathroom. I flopped back on the bed with a sigh.

But then, I couldn't help but feel someone's gaze on me.

________________________________

Thresh's POV

I smiled as I watched Shiva from the other side of the field. I never thought that anyone would ever trust me enough like she has. Ronan was the only exception for the longest time.

Speaking of the Beta, I saw out of the corner of my eye him glancing at Shiva's friend every once in a while. I smirked. "How about you actually approach her instead?"

Ronan shoved my shoulder playfully. "Whatever." Then he sighed. "Guess I'm just nervous. She doesn't even know that I'm her mate yet. Her wolf is still too young."

"Won't be long now. Anyway, I need you to take charge for a while."

He gave me a confused look, but then realized what I was talking about and nodded.

I then walked off behind the pack house where there was a locked hatch in the ground. I unlocked and opened it, stepping down the stone stairs and closing it behind me.

I approached a cell on the right, unlocking and opening it to reveal the badly beaten man that we captured a few days ago. He whimpered and tried to scoot away from me l, but the silver chains did let him get far. I smirked evilly. "Now where we're we?"

_______________________________

"P-please no m- no more."

I wiped his blood from my hands, it was everywhere really. He laid there, curled in a ball. I huffed a laugh.

"Just tell me who's behind this and this will be all over for you."

"H- aft- he-"

I kicked him in the stomach, making the bastard groan. "Speak up!"

"He's after her!"

I narrowed my eyes. "Who is her?"

He looked into my eyes. "Your mate."