Chapter 13: great. just great.

Blaze's POV

Im wheeled into a room... when all of a sudden, I see Eggmans literally come out of nowhere!! 
What the heck is he doing here?! I scream in my head. I didn't get an answer. The doctors hold me down, thinking I'm trying it go back to Silver. Nope. I'm trying to get to Eggman.
"I'm not here to hurt you two! I promise! Please, let me help you!"
"Great. Just great. Sure you are." I say to him.
He looks... Desperate. For some strange reason. But I have to go through with this operation first. If I don't, Silver is going to die in... 18 hours. I see fluorescent lights above me, then things start to go splotchy. Everything goes black.

Eggmans POV

I wonder why no one trusts me? I Mean, yes, I might've tried to... Kill them a few times, but please! Come on! Ever heard of mercy? Or water under the bridge? Or... Oh come on! I thought to myself. Am I mean? Yes. Oh, shut up, me. I went to the front desk. The lady at the desk was on the phone.
"Yes, I did that, so when you come home, Snookums, it will be waiting for you."
...
"No, baby, I got it."
...
"No you hang up!"
...
"No you hang up! Te he!"
...
"No you- oh, you have to go? Well, I'm going to have to call you back."
...
"Love you too, Snookums. Bye." By that time, I was furious.
"Listen lady, I have needed to talk to for..." I check my watch. "Ten minutes. Now, please tell me-" she puts a manicured hand in my face to stop me.
"Sir, I have to go now. My shift ended..." She checked her watch. "20 seconds ago. If you wait another hour, a new worker will-" I was outraged.
"I don't care when your shift ended. All I need is my... Friend... Out of surgery." The girl laughed in my face.
"We can't just take a person out of surgery, Sir. Just have a seat." She shooed me to the seats. I pull out a weapon I had in my coat. It was a freeze ray.
"Take me to Blaze or Silver. Or else." Her back was to me, so she didn't see what I had in my hand. That or she didn't care.
"Or else Wh-" she stopped, dead in her tracks. She cared. She cared a lot.
"Now, where is Blaze or Silver?" I said, faking sweetness. She pointed a quivering finger down the hall. "Thank you." I walked to a room. It was Silver's room. I see that he is better. I start to get a feeling of unease, like something had happened that I don't know about. Silver's eyes flutter open. There is fear and sadness in his eyes.

Silvers POV
Eggman. Eggman is in my room. I spring out of the bed, glowing from my powers, which are starting to work again. I guess Eggman doesn't know yet.
"What are you doing here, Eggman? You better have a good explanation, or I'm gonna... Kill you..." I trailed off, thinking of someone who once said that.
"I'm here to help you and Blaze." And with that, I broke down, in front of my worst enemy. "What- what are you doing there? Are-are you leaking?" Eggman said, coming closer to me.
"Oh, shut up, would you? Ever heard of crying, you idiot?!" I snapped, annoyed. He backed away, hands up.
"OK, OK, I know I deserved that. But... Where's Blaze?" I wiped my nose on my glove, not caring if I got some (a lot of) snot on it.
"Blaze... Blaze... Died."

--------------------------
A/N
Soooo... Bookworms, are you mad at me? *looks around at angry faces* I'll take that as a yes. But wait, don't get your torches and don't sharpen your pitchforks just yet! There will be more, way more...
*fades to black...*
PS, when people are presumed dead, it doesn't really mean that they are for sure dead... Just to let you know.
*fades to black again* (for real this time.)