Chapter 24. I Am You...(Precursor chapter to A New World)

3 months later...

Gerrik: adjust, 28 degrees up... Then fire... After that, relocate... We must not get caught...

Azero: what if he sees us?

Cole: I'm in position... I see him...

Evan: on my signal... 3... 2... 1... Go!

With a battle cry, Gerrik, Azero and Evan rushed at an unaware Eric, Azero jumps up and slices his leg off...

Evan: wait... Stop... It's a fake!

Azero: where is he?

In the distance, light bounces off his scope... He loads his bullet as he takes aim, putting his sights on Azero's head, he pulls the trigger, a loud bang was heard as Azero fell to the ground...

Evan: shit... Where is he? Cole did you see where he was? Cole? Are you there?

Evan abandons his post and ran to Cole's position, there, he found Cole's body... It lays motionless on the ground... Frost residues on his left chest and his head... With blood so cold it froze...

Evan recoiled in fear... First it was Azero, and now it was Cole... He realised that he needed to stick together with his team... But it was too late... He went back to see that Gerrik was on the ground, shivering as he was about to go into shock...

Evan: damn it! Where are you?!

Kold: right behind you...

Evan spun around receiving an uppercut to his jaw and sending him flying backwards... His vision blurred as he got up, Kold sprinted, lightning crackling on his body... He kicks Evan with a roundhouse who blocked, electricity coursed into his body as he numbs... Evan dodges and combusts in flames in anger... He searches for Kold and shoots flames at him... Kold forms an ice shield and parried the fireball, he shoots a lightning bolt at Evan...

Evan fell off balance and slid downwards... He grabbed onto the edge of the cliff and just he was about to fall, Eric or Kold grabs his hand and lifts him up...

Evan: so... Did we pass?

Kold: you guys suck...

Cole: hey I heard that!

Kold: you guys may be good in combat, but as a team... No...

Azero: he's right... We should have stuck to the formation...

Gerrik: did you really have to shoot ice at my head? I'm starting to get a migraine...

Kold: sorry... Not really...

Gerrik: hey!

After the training was over, they all switched off the virtual training system and everyone went back home... Kold sat down on his computer desk... Bored out of his mind... He scrolled to find some games....

GTA 5, Black Ops 2, Dark Souls 2, Advanced Warfare, Fallout 4... Nothing.... He scrolled some more and found Minecraft... Kold stares at the game for a moment...
He remembers the time when he used to...

Kold: stupid game...

(Eric): woah, why are you getting so worked up?

Kold: don't tell me you forgot what happened

(Eric): nope...

Cryo: listen, because Eric and I are you, you should listen to us... Maybe it's best you take a break from your job... And go to school like a normal student...

Kold: you really think that will work?

Eric: We know it will... Now stop wasting time and prepare your school stuff... The holidays will be ending soon...

Kold: Okay... I guess all I can really do now is a bit of studying...

Kold put down his headphones and opens the door to his study room... Dust settles as the door opens... It was clear that this room hadn't been used for quite some time... Kold sat down, opened his book of notes and began to quickly revise...

6 weeks after the school holidays...

Professor Sawyer: that's it for today class... Enjoy your weekends, now get out of here before I make you write an essay...

After everyone except Kold leaves the classroom...

Professor Sawyer: Kold... I think you need to talk to Tesla...

Kold: why sir?

Professor Sawyer: look... You remember Herobrine right?

Kold: not this again...

Professor Sawyer: look kid... There's been trouble in Minecraftia for some time now... It's once again the Pyros... Whatever they've been doing, it's been causing distortions in the dimensional and time frames, potentially, they may be building dimensional portals...

Kold: woah woah woah... Wait... Are you saying they're already in Minecraftia? And they're making portals? Sir... I think you've finally lost it... You see the only projects for dimensions we had was at...

Professor Sawyer: Tesla's lab which was breached 2 weeks ago by the black flame...

Kold: shi..... Eric knows about this?

Professor Sawyer: you're alter ego had been there for some time now, I think it's best you caught up with him...

Kold: what about school?

Professor Sawyer: I got you covered... Maybe for a few months, not sure... Just go...

Kold: okay then...

4 months ago...

Eric: you really think this will work?

Tesla: I know it will...

Eric: so... He'll look exactly like me?

Tesla: when we manage to get his consciousness into the host body, then he will look like you...

(Kold: finally, my own body...)

(Eric: hey don't forget, you are still me... We're only doing this for the sake of the entire mission)

(Kold: yeah yeah yeah enough talk... Let's go!)

(Cryo: what about me?)

(Kold: you need to stay and help Eric maintain his powers, if he dies and goes 'Drifter', you need to guide him)

(Cryo: fine...)

Tesla: are you ready?

Eric: I'm never really that ready... But crap happens so yeah...

Tesla: let's get started then...

And that's the end... For this season I guess... Eric's adventure continues on in A New World... The book I wrote... Keep reading...

A preview of things to come...

Reality... It's so irrelevant to action... Looking at how man has progressed, some of the things that it has done seems so... Impossible... A man is defined by his own actions, his will to make change even if it may seem... Futile or impossible... I offer unto you my assistance... Will you take it? Why? Just because I have nothing to do... But really... If I were you, I'd accept this... But I understand if you need some time to think... After all, it's not everyday you meet an alternative version of yourself...