The Purposal

This morning, I woke up to Ole Sweet Child Of Mine by Guns N' Roses. I stretched and looked at the ceiling

"It's Thursday", I sighed in relief with a smile then got up. Today I wore a grey button down, ripped jeans, grey heel boots and a black leather jacket with spikes on my shoulders. I love this jacket! I combed my hair for a while then curled the ends

"Good morning Syfy", dad greeted me and I smiled

"Morning dad", I replied getting me a bowl for my cinnamon toast crunch "did you get rest?"

"After talking to Carrie on the phone.... Yes I got sleep", he answered innocently and I shook my finger at him

"Do I have to be the parent and take your phone at night mister?", I teased and he pouted "don't make that face! You need to get rest dad, because you have work"

"Alright, okay", he sighed drinking his coffee "I'll make sure I get sleep.... So Harris told me some about you tutor the Hughes' kid"

"Ughhh! I hate the little bastard!", I growled drinking my milk out the bowl

"Hmmm really? Harris says you two are quite fond of each other ", he spoke mocking Uncle H's voices and I made stern face- I really hate him right now "I'm going to take that as a no"

"A definite NO", I corrected and got up to clean my bowl

"But you know you need a date for Garcia's wedding"

"Are you suggesting that he should be my date?", I asked giving him the evil eye and he smirk "you're a terrible person"

"I know, but so are you", he chuckled and I made a 'you're right' face "listen, you don't have any other guy to be your date and I'm sure you don't want Gracia to match you with one of those prissy rich dad boys that she knows"

"God, that would be horrible", I scrunched up my nose and wiped my hand in the dish rag "so you saying I should ask him?"

"Just tell him to be your date or else you won't tutor him anymore", he winked, I gasped and pointed at him "you never got the idea from me, I didn't even know you tutor him"

"You are a devious, clever, old man", I whispered going over to him and smiled "that's what I love most about you *loud car honk* that's my ride, I have to go"

"Laters, love you", he said as I kissed his cheek

"Love you too dad and try to stay awake while you work", I commented getting my bag and jetting out the house to Candy's car. The drive was silent and unusual

"Alright spill, why so quiet?", I questioned looking at both of them

"Lane is my date....", Candy said slowly looking straight ahead "for Garcia's wedding"

"And the guy that I was dancing with at the party is my date", NaTasha spoke looking down "his name is Jeremiah"

"So you both have a date and not me", I commented and they sighed sadly "I'm not mad"

"Good, because I actually have a guy for you", Candy winked and I shook my head "what? Is it this because of the incident before?"

"He almost caught my hair on fire! Never fuck with a girl's hair", I explained and she sighed "besides I already have someone...."

"Who?!", they both yelled surprised

"He's hot, an actor, and a heartbreaking", I stated in a sarcastic dreamy voice and they smiled- they know who I was talking about "the shit head Dalton"

"Hey sis, you owe me fifty bucks", Candy laughed and NaTasha sighed

"You knew I was going to choose him?", I asked and she nodded proudly