Epilogue

"This is soooo nice," I grinned as Luke, Blake, Jacob, Father and I all laid out on the soft, white sand of the Caribbean.

"That's such an understatement, it isn't even funny," Blake laughed.

"And yet you're laughing," I giggled. It'd been over a week since the... the... uh, the incident- I didn't like calling it murder, because he was evil and would have done anything to get me back to the facility, so it was basically me or him, and... well I chose me. I still did not like to dwell on the fact that I'd killed a fellow Vampire, though. It made me quite upset sometimes. 

"Well, maybe I was exaggerating," he admitted.

"All I know is, there's nowhere I'd rather be, and there's no group of people I'd rather be with," Jacob raised his margarita. We toasted, and drank, and laughed... and then Jacob spoke again.

"Aurelie, is it alright if I speak to you in private for a moment?" he asked. I looked at everyone, and they all nodded meaningfully, so I stood, straightened my swimsuit, and followed him over to a beach bar a decent distance away. 

"What's wrong, Jacob?" I questioned, noting his tense state.

"Nothing, I just... I wanted to tell you... you know... about my past."

"Oh... oh, yes, okay, if you want to, go ahead, Jacob," I nodded. 

"Well... remember when I said I stayed with my family for about 300 years before meeting Blake and Luke?"

"Yes?"

"Well.. that was... that was a lie. I... I, uh.. look, I really don't know how to say this, but, well I killed my family."

"You... you what?" I gaped, unable to process this quite right. 

"Look, ok, so... they weren't exactly a loving family, do you get what I mean? My father, he.. ahem, he would.. take advantage of me, and I was always too scared to do anything about it. My mother, she would.. she'd... well, she'd advertise m-me. To... to other males, not even females... you get what I'm saying? I.. was whored out by my own family. And I was too damn scared to do anything about it. And then... when I was 270 years old... I finally stood up to them, and I killed them. I'm still ashamed about everything that happened... but it's done. What's done is done. And... yeah. That's my story." He hung his head, examining the countertop quite closely.

"Jacob... I don't... I don't blame you. You did what you had to do, and that's that. You did nothing wrong," I touched his arm.

"Really?"

"Yes, Jacob. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't do it before then. It's ok, Jacob."

"Thanks, Aurelie. You know, Luke's really lucky to have you, you know that?"

"I like to think so. Now come on, let's get back to the others," I grinned, and grabbed his arm as he led me back. Only... when we got back, they weren't happy. At all.

"Hey, what's wrong guys?" I asked, confused. 

"We just got this from one of those delivery guys," Blake frowned, looking worried. "It's a letter from one of Jack's kids."

"What?"

"Yeah. Here, read it..." he handed it to me. 

" 'Dear murderers, 

                          We'd like to introduce ourselves. We are the children of Jack Cain- the man you murdered. We just wanted to let you know that wherever you are, we will find you... and we will make you pay. We can promise you that. 

                           This isn't over. Watch your backs... cause we're coming.' "

******************************************************************************************************

OOOOOOH kay well that is it, lovelies. That is the end, voila, hope you liked it.

Sorry if I seem upset, I'm really not, I'm just kinda ehhhh. 

Lol

Vote comment follow, and have an amazeballs night!!!! <3