delusion

Liz's P.O.V

I walked down the beach with my heels in my hands and closed my eyes; I couldn't believe that my selfish needs had led to Abby being dead, I could remember that she had become my best friend. Being in the pack there weren't many girls and I would always shy away staying with Nick but Abby she was like a huge breath of fresh air, something new and she understood me, but now the thought of her dead was so dreadful, I couldn't stand it especially knowing that Zac would never have his mate.

It was nothing but my fault.

Lost in my own thoughts I jumped startled once my phone rang, without even looking at it I answered.

"Hello?" I said in a small voice, I still felt so awful but at the same time confused.

If Abby was dead, then how was I able to see her? Then again I was the only one that saw her; Taylor when he dropped me off had looked at me confused and never did ask about her, I guess it was because she wasn't really there for him.

"Liz what the hell, where are you why aren't you in school?" Nick asked alarmed from the other side.

I gave a small sigh and pulled my bag up fixing it over my shoulder.

"I'm at the beach." I simply answered before I reached the sidewalk and followed by placing on my heels.

"And why are you in the beach? You know what, forget it just, come over to school now, we have the test at the end of the day, if you head over now you will arrive before lunch in time for lab." Nick told me and I agreed before I headed over to school.

Once I arrived I headed straight to lab where I sat down in my usual seat.

"Where were you?" A voice asked next to me.

I looked to my left and saw a very worried Max.

I frowned at him confused.

"Why do you care anyways?" I snapped at him rudely, it wasn't my intention to but I really couldn't help myself at the end.

Max got close to me, dangerously close to the point that his breathing was fanning against my cheeks.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Max asked in an incredibly low and husky voice that made my breath slightly hitch.

"Get away from me, everyone is watching!" I hissed at him in a low voice.

"Good, let them enjoy the show." Max said before he kissed the tip of my nose and pulled back to his seat with an arrogant smirk.

I rolled my eyes before the teacher placed a sheet of paper, I took it and my eyes widen once I read it.

"So by your frown I guess it didn't work." Nick said as he leaned against the lockers.

I slammed my locker shut and glared at him.

"What do you think?" I said sarcastically, I just couldn't believe that I was stuck with Max for a two-month project and no matter what I told the teacher he did not change his mind.

I was officially stuck; I had to do the project with Max if I wanted to graduate.

"Are you ready to go babe?" A voice asked once we stepped outside of the school.

I rolled my eyes at him, Max leaned against the stairwell waiting for me.

"Don't ever call me like that; I'm not your babe." I deadpanned, this was so annoying!

Max simply chuckled at my reaction.

"Are you ready to leave?" Max asked me before Nick cleared his throat besides me.