on our way home

I would like to say that I reacted quickly but truth was that I didn't, because soon enough I found myself under her claws, like literally she was on top of me snarling at me trying to make as much damage as possible.

I placed my hands up, trying to create as much distance as possible as Selene snarled closer and closer to my throat. I hit her quickly and pushed her off creating a much better distance before I tried to run away, I quickly turned around and ran back towards the forest before I shifted into my wolf running as fast as I could from her, it was not that I was scared of her or anything close to that but the warlock had warned me that Selene would try to do something like this, she would like to draw me out away from everyone else and try to suck out my power as he had placed it.

I wasn't complete sure of what he had meant by that but in other words Selene was constantly needing power, after she had used the power of the warlock as I had now found out in the sessions that I had to attend pretty much every single day after school, I had found out how Selene had been stealing the power from warlocks by killing them.

Now her body was acting like a battery that would constantly die and would need a complete new charge, and that had also become an addiction for her. And now her ultimatum goal was to get my powers to assure a large amount of power that would never wear out.

I ran towards the wood, up hills and down the creek trying to run away, I could fight her but truth to be told I couldn't risk anything at this point since the slightest slip would cause Selene to get it all, that would include her being able to make this spell permanent.

I ran away as fast as I could until Selene caught me off guard and bit my thigh tearing the muscle in the process. I screamed trying to alert the rest of my pack but I knew for a fact that they would never get here on time, they would get here not fast enough to save me from Selene not to mention that I did not want anyone to risk themselves with getting the chance of also being hurt or affected by whatever she had up her sleeve, I already had affected those around me with the stupid decisions I had taken so selfishly.

'Lizzy, is that you?' A voice asked inside my head.

I cringed at the strange voice inside my head, being only accustomed to hearing only my wolf or in rare occasions I would hear the rest of the pack, but this male voice had really thrown me off.

'Max, is that you?' I asked him confused in my head as I went down a creek by the river, hiding out of sight from Selene.

'What is wrong? Why do I feel that you are in danger?' Max said worried as his voice became louder in my head.

'Selene, she is here hunting me down.' I said as I shifted back and nearly cried out as I saw the deep cut that run all over my thigh, the entire muscle was shred and it would take forever for my wolf to heal myself up.

'Where are you?' Max said in a determinate voice, and I knew that he was already shifting so he could come to get me.

'No, Max, I can handle myself.' I said before I hissed as I tried to stand up.

'Lizzy, just tell me where you are.' Max said before I bit my lip as I started to limp my way home hoping that I could somehow be faster than Selene, that she could not find me after I had lost her.

But I knew that was impossible, I knew for a fact that she was hot on my tracks.

I somehow found the inner strength not only to block Max but to continue running, well it was more like limping but at the end I was running away, as I got closer to my house I could feel my strength vanishing into thin air leaving me without nothing.