Not okay

(Warning: this one-shot may be triggering and it's kinda long)
___________________

It was just a normal day in Los Angeles. Everyone was driving to work, shopping around, and just finishing their hobbies.

For Ian, he wishes his daily life was like that. It's not really easy for him to go outside with his depression. All he ever does is stay inside and cry. He only keeps his problems to himself because he has no one else to tell to.

But it's not his fault that his life is like this. His depression just comes whenever he doesn't want it to and he can't control it. Everyday is a struggle for Ian but his only happiness in life is being a poet and writing his poems.

As for Anthony, his life is great the way it is. He's happily single, has a job as a musician, and has many friends. For a 25 year old like him, his life is perfect and that's all he needs right now.

---------------

Ian's Pov

It was another terrible morning in Los Angeles. I looked at the bright sunshine coming from my window and groaned. I really hated mornings, well I hated everything. Especially myself.

The first thing I do every morning is go to the mirror and look at myself. I just stare at my reflection and wish to be someone else. My arms are covered in scratchy scars and my blue eyes are always dull. It's like I put on a mask everyday and hide the real me. Because only I know who the real me is.

I do my daily routine and grab my sweater and backpack before leaving the house. I listen to my music to avoid the world as I walk to work. Even though it feels like I'm alone, there's always people around me.

I finally make it to work and I pull out my laptop. The only thing that can truly make me happy is writing poems and books. It's like I can express who i really am as a person.

Time passes by fast and I soon realize it's time to go home since it's 4:00pm. I grab my stuff and say bye to a few of my work friends and go back to the world. After  work I always sit down at the park bench and just watch the world go by.

I put my bag down and just sit there crying as my depression takes over me. I hug my knees against my chest and my hoody is pulled over my head. I sit there for 5 minutes until I feel someone poke my head.

I slowly look up to see a vey charming fellow with chocolaty brown eyes looking down at me. "Sorry for interrupting but are you okay?" It only takes me one second to start bursting out and crying again. I just couldn't control it.

"S-sorry about that, it just happens." He gave me a small smile and sat down next to me. "It's ok. But I was wondering if you were okay." I sighed and look down a bit.

"I'm fine." And let me tell you, that was probably the 100th time in my life that I've ever said that sentence. Every time I said that to people, they just nod and walk away. But this guy seemed to really care and want to know.

"Let me introduce my self first. I'm Anthony." I shook his hand and smiled a little. "I'm Ian." We both told each other a bit about ourselves for a couple a minutes and it seemed to make me happy.

"It was great talking with you Ian but I have to go. Please call me when you need anything because I'm always here." He handed me a pierce of paper with his number on it and hurriedly walked away.

------------

It was a few weeks after Anthony and I met and we turned out to be pretty great friends. We meet up a few times a week and just talk about life and other things. I still haven't told him about my depression and about my cutting habit. I guess he never noticed because of my fake smile and since I always cover my arms.