Chapter 18: Are You Ready?

"It's on! It's actually on, come quick!", I screamed out to Bell, who raced in with a bunch of cookies and some soda. She placed it all on the coffee table and plonked down onto the couch next to me. 

"Ugh, adverts!", groaned Bell, nibbling on a cookie. I was surprised she was even eating, because it'd been ages since I last saw her even nibble on something. But, before I could say how I proud and happy I was to see her eating, she put down the half eaten cookie and said she was full. 

"Full?", I asked, frustrated. 

"Yes, full!", she said, rolling her eyes.

"You took a few bites, and now you're full? C'mon, at least eat the rest! It's a cookie, for goodness sakes!"

My voice was trembling, and although I was mad at her for not even trying to get better, I felt sorry for her and said it in the calmest way I could.

"I said I'm full. I had a big breakfast, okay?", she said sternly.

"Fine, but if I win OLLG, you're eating that cookie and even if I don't, you have to promise you're at least going to try when it comes to getting better and healthy again. I hate seeing you like this! It hurts to have to watch you starve yourself when I'm sitting here, stuffing my face full of fat. It just isn't right." I said firmly. 

"Caitlyn, if you win OLLG, I'll eat all the cookies in the world and even if you don't, I'll try but don't expect me to finish." 

My eyes filled with tears and I tried to hold them back, but I knew there was no use.

"All the cookies in the world?", I asked, with tears running down my face.

"Yes, all of them.", she said, and started crying too.

"Well, that'd just be unfair. I mean, you'd at least have to give me some!", I said, smiling, trying to wipe away the tears.

Bell laughed. I laughed. We laughed together. It had been ages since we had laughed like this and my stomach hurts. 

"Come here.", she said, pulling me in for a hug and wrapping her weightless arms around me. I hugged back but only lightly, afraid I might've broken her if I hung on any tighter. We both pulled back in sync and focused our eyes on the TV.

We watched as two boring hosts blabbered on about how talented Justin is. They say it in such sarcasm, it bothers me. They try to look excited but it's just an act, and I bet they don't even want to be there. 

"These hosts are crap. I could actually go to sleep right now.", Bell said, yawning. 

"Ugh, me too. I wish they'd just hurry up and start the ceremony. I want to see Justin already!" I sighed, pulling my legs up under my chin.

Finally, they finished. 

"Now, off to the official ceremony with the Biebs himself!" ,shouted one of the hosts into her mic with such excitement, even she was surprised. 

Bell and I linked arms, crossed our fingers and closed our eyes, praying. Alison made a speech about all the years she's been picking out the OLLG and how many memories she had made. It got emotional. I could see her and Justin were on the verge of breaking out into tears. Justin then took the microphone and looked out into the audience.

"Picking the last OLLG will be an emotional experience but I'm also really excited about it and can't wait  to crown my final OLLG. Now ,Alison,since you've always been the one to pick the OLLG, would you like to pull out a name from the raffle drum?" 

Justin moved over to the other side of the drum and watched as Alison poked her hand in and pulled out a small shiny piece of paper. 

My heart stopped, my stomach dropped and my head did a loop, leaving me dizzy. I squeezed onto Bell's hand and she squeezed back. 

"Are you ready?", asked Alison, turning her head towards Justin.

Justin gulped into the microphone. "I'm ready.", he said, a tear running down his face. 

Alison slowly unfolded the paper and stepped into the mic. There was a slight silence as she took a deep breath and swalloed down her tears.

"The winner of the Official OLLG 2013 is..."

Again, silence filled my eyes and I waited, just hoping she'd call out my name.

"CAITLYN PRINSTON!"