Chapter 4 - SMS All Along

I woke up from the alarm and started getting annoyed. I hit it off and started to get up my bed. I saw my phone, and when I checked it there are a total of 128 unread messages. I saw the threaded message with Kelly,

'JD will drive me to school today. But don't worry you won't drive alone I already asked Matt to drive you'

'How thoughtful of my bessie! Well, thanks, I'd love to be with him this morning.'

I dealt with the annoying unknown man's messages. Lucky they are in thread so it's easier to get rid of. But, when I've read the sms, He asked me if I'm going to the same school as he does. I gasped with the sight of my school's name on a good 10 number of messages. The rest kept asking my name and questions if he can know me better. This sucks! I didn't know him. But he goes to the same school as I do. Who the hell could he be? I deleted the thread for this number, and now I only have 30 minutes to prepare for school.

Matt came to drive with me to school. As a gentleman as he is, he opened the door for me and he started to drive.

''Good morning princess, how was your sleep?'' I laughed at the name he called me, but I found it sweet, too.

''What could ruin my good night sleep? I actually think it's one of my best. And I could even guess you did have the same.'' we both laughed.

We arrived at the school and we bid each other goodbyes with a small peck on the lips. We hurried off to class. It all went so fast until the bell rang. LUNCH TIME!

Words are all over the school that Matt and I are together. I am muttering a lot to Kelly about Matt not being fair and spreading it in the school. She seemed agitated and she didn’t even spat out a single word.

“Hi there princess, I never thought you’ll say this through out the campus. Thank you actually, not that I am complaining about it.” Matt told me as he munched on his lunch. Question marks appeared on my eyes. If he didn’t, who did?

“I actually thought that you are the one who spread it in school. I actually was offended but if you didn’t, how could they know?” I asked him dumbfounded. I am sending Matt questioning looks until everyone on the table looked at Kelly.

“Uh, Maieve, I think you should ask your Bessie you did spread the word.” Marian, my half Brazilian beautiful friend told me.

“Huh? Why me?” Kelly asked as her eyeballs dropped on her food. Marian just shrugged and now, I’m even more confused!

“Bessie? What is Marian talking about?” I asked her just to remove the question mark marked on my head.

“Uh, I uh, I don’t want to lie to you-“ I encouraged her to go on, she seemed very worried about this. “-I-spread-the-rumors-to-everyone-that-you’re-together-just-to-stop-any-other-guy-from-asking-you-out-and-to-stop-sluts-on-throwing-their-selves-to-Matt-not-that-it’s-a-rumor-cause-it’s-completely-true.” She spoke all of that in one breathe. It was too fast to comprehend but after a good 30 sec, I understood it completely, and I understood my Bessie as well.

“You don’t have to feel bad about it. Me and Matt should actually thank you for doing that for us. You did thought about us and thanks!” I told her reassuringly. I mentally sent Matt a message to help me on this.

“Yeah, Kelly, thanks. Now all the guys envy me for dating a princess.” Matt told Kelly, and I felt a sudden increase of temperature on my cheeks. He does now on how to get to my side.

Kelly started to soften up a little and made it sure that we are sincere on what we’ve said. Then suddenly she burst out a story of her and this JD guy like nothing happened. Not that I am not affected by what she did, but gods! She still is my Bessie.

Just as the bell rang, Matt ran up to me and asked me out for the night.

“Sure, where do you wanna go?” I asked him with a smile, I actually want to be with him more.

“We can have a little movie marathon at your place.” He told me as he was beaming at me. I actually liked the idea.

“Good idea, you bring the movies and maybe dinner. By the way, no horrors alright?” I asked him with my forehead creased.

“Sure, see you at 6 if you want?” I nodded and we did a peck again and went to class.

Our teacher is unbelievably late so I decided to check my phone. I gasped as I saw 50 messages from the same number. He really is annoying me. The messages are all just the same. Asking for my name address reply etc. Five similar messages caught me.

‘I really found you beautiful, just by the sound of your voice. So, please please please. Send me a reply and I will be very happy.’

I loved the compliment but, the last part I thought, is that so? I sent him a very disturbing reply and I doubt that he’ll be happy about it.

‘F*ck off’

The teacher arrived and everything passed so darn fast. Maybe because I am looking forward for a date with Matt. Then the remaining minutes for the last subject came. Now I felt time is kinda slower now!

I absolutely forgot that I have no ride home. I don’t want to work and Kelly had a ‘date’ again. Stupid!

When the bell rang – thank God – I went to the parking lot, completely looking like an idiot. Matt still have classes by this time. Just then, someone running bumped into me through my back. A guy I never knew was in my line of sight. A handsome guy, with brown hair, and extremely grey eyes, with somewhat square face showing all his beautiful features, he has these lips, pinky lips calling you to kiss him, yep, he has all of them!

“Hey, I said are you okay?” I heard him at last, waking up from my mental thought, now that I snapped back to reality, I snapped at him.

“Am I okay? You think I am okay?” I shouted at him, pretending to be furious when actually I am captured by his looks.

“I am sorry, really, maybe I could just walk you to your car.”

“I don’t have my car with me! I left it at home.” I said, completely losing my anger.

“To make it up to you, would you let me drive you home?” he asked me as he nodded on his idea.

“Not that I have any other choice,”

“Let’s get to my car. I really am sorry”

He walked me to his car and saw a Honda hutched back, lowered at repainted. Cheap but cool a car. He went into the driver seat then I sat on the passenger’s. I gave him the directions, and on the way I noticed myself asking.

“Are you in our school? I’ve never seen you before.”

“Yes, I do. I am a transferee. I think this school is very cool than my past one.”

“Oh, that explains it.” I looked out the window and watched the houses blur out.

When we got to our driveway he looked at his android phone and said something like ‘funk off’ I didn’t understand then he snorted and made up a face. I looked at him and bade him goodbye. When I opened the door,

“No thank you?” He asked me.

“Why would I? I thought this is to make up for me?

“I missed a try out because of driving you home, maybe a thank you would do.” He said smirking at me.

“Ok, thank you. Leave.”

I went straight to my bedroom without even looking back to him. I sat on the edge of my bed. Something’s bugging me. His voice is really familiar. I should have asked him if he worked in a radio station I heard once.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I know it’s short. (writing this to think that someone is actually reading this)

I’ll just continue this tomorrow, a promise for an upload tomorrow! I just have to sleep.

Do you wish for pictures? Just tell me then I’ll upload them..:)