Friends or Enemies:

Anna’s POV 

Okay so here I  am sitting in this horrible cold room on my own with nothing but four bare walls and a bed and a toilet for company. I can hear the slamming of doors, people shouting and screaming abuse at each other, keys jingling as somebody continuously paces up and down the corridor.

My head is still caining and I am beginning to sober up, this is going to be one awful hangover I thought to myself. Hugging my knees tightly to my chest I take a deep breath and let out a long sigh wishing things had not turned out like this. Why did I do all of those awful things to her? For so long she was my best friend and just because of one guy I had to go and mess it all up, now here I was in a police cell whilst she was in a hospital bed with goodness knows what. All thanks to me.

The door suddenly flew open and a fat jolly looking middle aged man with badly balding head appeared. He was holding a tray of food and a hot steaming cup of coffee in his hands, staring at me with a strange smile on his face.

“Food Miss, you best eat up, judging by the states of you, you need all the energy you can get.” he placed the tray on the bed beside me and paused for a moment looking at me thoughtfully before shaking his head and slamming the door firmly shut behind him.

I looked across at the tray of food and frowned, it looked like something a two year old had thrown together. Gross. But my tummy was rumbling so loudly I had no choice but to eat their excuse for food.

It was not the best meal I had had and the coffee was not to my taste but this was hardly a five star hotel and I guess it was better than nothing.

I had no idea how long I had been in there but I must have fallen asleep because somebody was shaking me gently and telling me to wake up. I came to and sat up rubbing my aching neck and glaring up at the person who had rudely awoken me.

“Time to go Missy.” he grumbled at me. It was not the same police officer as before. This was one young, fit and gorgeous with such a hunky atheletic look that I could not take my eyes off him. Wow was all I thought. He was scrummy.

“Well are you just going to sit there?” he laughed

“What is happening to me now?” I demanded to know.

“You are going home.” he told me with a happy grin. “All charges have been dropped, the victim does not wish to press any charges against you."

I didn’t know if this was a joke or not so I just stood there blinking and looking like a right idiot.

“It’s time to go, your mother is outside waiting to pick you up." he said gently shifting me out of the room and into the empty corridor.

I could not help but smile back at that thought. Home was all I wanted to go to right now, my own comfortable bed in my own comfortable bedroom instead of this horrible hell hole.

I bounded out of the room faster than lightening and ten minutes later I was standing outside the police station with my mother giving me a long lecture

“Luckily for you Abi has decided not to press charges.” Mum said frowning at me as we got into the car and clipped our seatbelts on. 

“Yes I know that already Mum, I don’t need a lecture, Thank you.” I said