Part One of Three

Chiron called me to the Big House after breakfast. I quickly changed out of my paint splattered shirt and put on a less paint splattered shirt. I tried brushing my wild curls out of my face, but with no avail. I hiked from my cave to the Big House and ran up the porch. I stepped inside the room and sat down on a leopard print couch. Chiron walked into the room shortly after I settled down.

“Hello Rachel. I have a request for you.”

I waited eagerly for the instructions. My prophecies have been getting less and less, and I was starting to get worried.

“As you know, the Romans are strategizing to attack and I was hoping you could be the peace ambassador for the two camps.”

I agreed and left the Big House.

    I got closer to the camp, and said a phrase in Latin, commonly used by the Romans as a greeting. (I learned it just for this occasion.)The guards guarding the tent that contained the leader of the camp slowly backed down and let me into the tent.

Octavian POV

    I was looking at the map the eagles had scouted out the territory for, and scanned the area. We could put up the walls here or…? Suddenly a girl with wild, curly, red hair stomped into my tent. I immediately stood up.

“What the Pluto are you doing here Graeca?” I yelled angry that she was let into the tent.

“How did you get in here?” I recognised the girl as the Oracle from Camp Half-Blood. I had met Rachel before, but the meeting was brief.

“First of all, I’m not Greek, I’m just their Oracle. To answer the second question, I walked in.” She commented sarcastically.
“I knew that.” I scoffed, frowning. She stood there looking at me, her eyes twinkling beautifully….I mean just standing there. That’s all she was doing. She didn’t have twinkling eyes, or smell like paint and strawberries. She didn’t have cute freckles sprinkled on her face, or deep green eyes I could spend hours exploring. Octavian, shut up.

Rachel looked at me quizzically, then looked down. I was caught staring. “Sorry, just thinking.” She laughed, looking at me. “Ok, well let’s talk. I was sent by Chiron to try to negotiate. This camp is important to many people, and though you might not be a demi-god, doesn’t mean that you can go on a half-blood killing spree.”

“How do you know that?”

“The fact you aren’t a demi-god? Demi-gods have a sort of aura to them, which you don’t.” After a few moments she quickly filled in: “And cause Reyna told me.”

I groaned. “Seriously? I hate her, though sometimes it can be hard. Her leadership is something to envy.” Rachel looked hurt for a second, then quickly changed her expression to her normal laid back look.

Rachel POV

    When Octavian said it was hard to hate Reyna, I instantly was saddened. Are they dating? Why didn’t I know this? Thoughts like that swarmed my mind. Wait why do I care? I let go of my thoughts. “So… can we work out this situation, like soon? I’m missing my art classes.” I said, while fiddling with a paintbrush I pulled out of my pocket. “Like a peace treaty or something? I mean, whatever keeps camp from becoming rubble.”

Octavian POV

“We can try to work something. But it really is your camp’s fault, I mean, you did attack my camp….”

Rachel dropped her paintbrush and stared at me in disgust. “That’s it! You are the most self-absorbed brat tha-” she reached down for her brush, but I grabbed it before she got a chance. “What the Hades? Come on, give it to me! I’ve used worst as a weapon!” she shouted, while jumping up and down, trying to reach her brush that I held over my head. She stepped forward up to me. She gave me a quick hug and I felt the warmth of her body on me for a fraction of a second. “You’re distracted!” she yelled, as she grabbed the brush from the hand I had put down out of shock. She blew me a raspberry as she stomped out of the tent just as she had entered.

Rachel POV

That little-! He has nerve that’s for sure.