How I Met Your Father

I arrived on the pitch, to find everybody was already there. “Hey guys, sorry I was late. My mum insisted on me helping my sister pick up her stuff.”

Mrs. H didn’t look best pleased but nothing to worry about, not yet anyway. “Well as long as your here now. Okay guys! Come in!”

Everybody of course did as they were told and made a circle around the coach.

 “I want every one of you guys to play your hardest, I want you to win this match and show no mercy, okay? Now, who’s gonna win?” encouraged Mrs. H.

All of the team shouted in unison. “Us!”

“How are we going to leave them?”

 “Destroyed!”

“Okay! Now, Charlie, Megan, Sam and Floss. Your up!”  Mrs. H told us.

Once on the field we started to make small talk before we met our competition.

“This is gonna be fun!” Floss cheered.

“And scary!” added Sam.

“ Well as long as we do what we were taught. We’ll be fine” finished Meg.

“Meg’s right, now lets watch them and see who’s best”

We watched the other competitors run, jump, throw and many other athletic sports. Until finally it was our turn. We were placed at out stations; first was the relay race. First we had Sam against 1 woman and 3 other males. Next was Meg against 1 man and 3 other women. Then Floss against 2 women and equal amount of men. And then you had me who was the fastest out of our group against what we observed to be the best from each team. They were all men and looked like proper athletes. But no girl has ever backed out of a race!

As soon as the ref checked everyone was ready I heard the gun signalling the beginning of the race. I focused on Sam who wasn’t really trying but was clearly in the lead. Soon her lap was finished and she had given us a head start but the team on our right was slowly catching up with Meg. By the third lap we were neck and neck but poor Floss was running as fast as she could. You could she her poor muscles straining. I got ready when she was a metre away from me and as soon as her hand slapped mine I was off!

I adored racing and the feeling of the air hitting my face. But I was soon taken out of my happy place because a blonde male was running with me! He winked and sped off. I was so shocked I nearly stopped running altogether but no way was I letting this thing called a man winning! All of this happened in a split second so no one but us two wouldn’t have noticed but my team would have noticed how I quickly went from running to sprinting. I was nearly running triple the speed I was earlier and I was now neck and neck. This blonde was about my age and was very fast. All I could think was how I might have finally met my match. We continued to be equal in steps until the finish line was in sight and then I took over slightly but he was right on to my tail. When we hit the finish line everybody’s cameras were going off! It’s like they’ve never watched a race before. But little did I know me and Blondie had, had the first ever perfectly matched draw in racing. And also I didn’t expect what happened next.