Chapter Five

After dinner, I walk up to my room, It's seven o'clock. Hoping to hear who I think is Lukas Damon, sing again, I go out to my balcony. This time I sit in my chair.

Instead of Lukas, there is a red haired boy on a different balcony, staring up at the moon. I look at the moon, Its just a sliver in the nighttime sky.

Disappointed that Lukas is not out, I'd decide to go down to the library on the first floor. It has all of my favorite books in it.

As I walk down to the library, I stop a few times to look at the new artwork that dad installed on the third floor. One is of a smiling woman, she looks happy. I think dad called it the Mona Lisa. I don't see any of the boys as I pass on the second floor.

I reach the library on the first floor and notice a familiar face, standing in a corner. "Uncle Adam?"

Uncle Adam turns around and sees me and his face brightens visibly, "Brynlyn! How are you doing? How's the selection?"

Oh walk over to where Uncle Adam stands, "Its great! I get to formally meet them tomorrow! I can't wait, I already know who I'm gonna go out with first!"

Uncle Adam chuckles, "Do you now? I didn't know until at least three days after meeting my girls, and Sky wasn't my first date, she was more like my fifth."

"It's not like I'm going to marry the first guy I go on a date with!" I say sarcastically, "It'll be the second." I add

Uncle Adam chuckles again, "Just don't rush into things, you may need a few weeks to get to know someone."

I sigh, "I know, no need for you to go dripping selection knowledge on me," I tell him.

Uncle Adam smiles, "Well, I'm always nearby if you need me."

I start to turn around and walk away, "Goodnight Uncle Adam."

"Goodnight Bryn." I hear him say.

I walk over to my favorite reading chair and pull out my book, a Shakespeare classic, Romeo and Juliet. I've read this one a hundred times. The spine of the book is well worn.

I dive into the pages, and hardly hear when someone sits down next to me. I look up from my book and see a boy, maybe a seventeen, eighteen years old. He's got red hair and bright blue eyes.

"Hello Princess Brynlyn," says the mystery boy.

"I'm, hello" I say awkwardly.

The boy runs a hand through his hair, anxiously. "Oh darn! I for got to introduce myself." He stands up and bows. "I'm Oliver Elyes of Angeles."

I smile, "Its nice to meet you Oliver, but we're not supposed to meet until tomorrow."

Oliver's mood dampens, "Oh, Well I'll go then."

He starts to walk away, "Wait, you can stay though, I'd like some company while I read."

He beams and picks up his book and sits down in the chair next to me. "So you're from near here Oliver?"

"Yes, I actually love close to the palace, only a few blocks away." He says happy to share information about himself.

"How old are you?" I ask.

He smiles, "I'm nineteen. And you princess?"

I blush, "I'm eighteen, but I turn nineteen in February." Out of the corner of my eye I see Nate, peering from out behind a bookshelf and laugh.

"What's so funny?" Oliver asks, thinking than there's something wrong with him.

I point and Nate and he come out from behind the bookshelf, "I assume that you've met Nate?"

Oliver turns and looks at Nate coming along a row of books, he laughs, "Oh yeah, Blake Jennings thought that Prince Nathan was a butler!"

"So I've heard."

By then Nate had reached us, "I just go by Nate, so what do up call you?"

Oliver stands up and puts out his hand, "Oliver Elyes."

Nate smirks, "I'm gonna call you Ollie!"

Oliver shrugs, "Okay. Only my mother calls me Ollie, but if you want to."

Nate chuckles, "Bye Bryn, Ollie."

"Goodbye Nathan." Responds Oliver.

I laugh.

This is pretty funny, for a guy I just met, I like Oliver, maybe more than the Lukas I haven't met.