Chapter Twenty One

My mother briskly leaves after telling me that the ever so perfect Princess Madelyn is coming in five days. When we were ten, Madelyn and I were best friends, she was truely my only friend until we turned fifteen two years ago.

I hope that we can attempt to rekindle our friendship, at fifteen, daddy started to train me for Queenly duties. Madelyn has an older brother, Crown Prince Alexander, so she doesn't need to learn to run a country.

Madelyn is a beautiful girl with long, dark brown hair and emerald eyes. I've always been jealous of her looks, but she's not gonna be queen someday.

I wipe my tear stained eyes on a tissue that Macie handed me. I get up and throw my tissue away.

Macie does her best to cover the puffiness of my eyes. Macie puts a sea green dress over my head, the dress fans out in waves as it comes to just below my knees.

When Macie is done with my makeup, she puts my hair in a bun and I leave for breakfast. I walk down the stairs to the main floor where I can hear commotion of the selected, who seem more loud than usual.

I walk through the doors into the dining hall and sit down next to Nate's empty chair, just looking at it makes me want to bawl. Mother who sits to the other side of the empty chair, senses my discomfort and waves a butler over, they whisper for a moment and he takes Nate's chair away.

I look down at my waffles with strawberries on them. The strawberries are in the formation if a smile. This makes me slightly grin. I eat a strawberry and look up at the selected boys, twenty three in all.

I've been planning a date for a while, to go horseback riding, I just don't know who to take with me. I scan the room for my next target, my eyes land on Blue Messenger.
He sits strait up in his chair, his blond hair looks like it hasn't been combed this morning. He looks hot. Every time I've seen him, Blue seems to be wearing fitted suits, not fancy ones though. Looks like he just wears a suit jacket and a dress shirt.

I decide to take Blue with me. I Finnish eating my waffles and stand up and walk over to mother and give her a quick embrace, "See you later."

She smiles, "Okay Bryn, I'll see you."

I walk over to the table that Blue sits at. He's sitting with Tyler and Aiden. "Hello gentlemen," I turn to Blue, "Can I steal you away for a moment Blue?"

Blue wipes his mouth with his napkin, "Of course Princess." He gets up and follows me as I walk towards the hallway.

We exit the room, Blue looking nervous, probably thinks I'm gonna eliminate him. "Don't worry, you're not going home." Blue let's out a breath of relief. "I just wanted to ask you to go on a date with me this after noon before the rescheduled report."

Blue beams, "I'd love to! What time?"

I smile, "How about I meet you at your room an hour after lunch?"

"Okay! See you then!" Blue bows and walks back into the room. I go up the stairs to the music room, where I sit at Nate's piano, just hitting random keys, making my own deranged song.

I miss him so much.