Chapter 3 (Edited)

Hey lovely people. So this is another chapter and it once again contains a letter. If you want a letter about some special event to be included then you are welcome to suggest it and I would gladly include it . I hope all of you like this chapter

Edited: 10/03/2019

Vote, Comment and Enjoy !!!

**********************************************************************************

Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Franklin P. Jones

**********************************************************************************

A sharp knock on the door brought Jonathan back to his senses , the soft smile that had been on his face slipped away as he put the letter aside and got up to open the door. On the other side of the door stood an elderly woman probably in her sixties her hair seemed to be made of finest silver threads, her blue eyes full of warmth. Her mouth turned down in a disapproving expression as she examined the state of the room and Jonathan. "Your mother won't be happy to see the state you are in my dear boy. I thought that you were more mature than this. Do you think drinking will solve all your problems?" she questioned him in disappointment, her voice matching the look she was giving him and before Jonathan could say something she continued "Look at yourself. You are such a mess. Go have a bath and I will prepare breakfast while you are at it" she said and left before waiting for a reply.

 Maria had been with Jonathan since he was a child and to this day she had remained with him. She was like a second mother to him. Jonathan sighed and went to take a bath. As hot water fell on his body his tense muscles began to relax and he felt a certain amount of peace wash over him. He leaned for support on the wall in front of him and allowed the water to clean all the grime on his body. Now only if he could clean his life that easily.

After showering he put on a simple black T- shirt and some blue jeans. Then he proceeded to the kitchen only to find Maria still in process of preparing food, so he wandered back to his room. He contemplated going to office but the thought seemed as appealing to him as the thought of willingly banging his head . He knew that he would be too distracted to do work anyways. He didn't feel like socializing either but then who would feel like it if his wife cheated on him Jonathan thought to himself bitterly. He was playing with idea of getting a drink when his eyes once again fell on the box. He walked over to it and picked the second letter, this one was written on a pretty mauve colored paper. 

Remembering the pain in his derrière which was still present after sitting on the floor he thought better of it and went to sit on the bed. Folding his legs he started reading the letter

'18 July, 2010

                                                                                    To Jonathan,

Words can't even begin to describe what I am feeling right now Jonathan. If three years back someone would have told me that I would be worrying about what to wear on a date or that I would have been lying awake thinking about it, I would have smacked that person silly. But you know that's what has happened today. I spent hours before the date worrying about what to wear, whether I was overdressed or I was under dressed. You know , before this I had never given a second thought about my appearance but today I spent three freaking hours in front of a mirror. Alice had to physically stop me from pacing saying that I would wear a hole in the carpet by so much walking. I was so nervous to meet you and yet so excited at same time.