~~~Chapter Two~~~

Amy and the boy sat on the bed in silence for what felt like hours, though it was probably only a minute or two. Amy was debating whether to call the police or her best friend. She played with her darkened ginger curls and stared down at her clothes. She had fallen asleep in her sweatpants and brown lacey tanktop from yesterday. She was suddenly aware that her hair was very messy and she probably had traces of purple blush still on her face. She enjoyed doing cosplays and was messing around with makeup the previous afternoon but was too lazy to wash it off.

The strange boy turned to her and the faux blush was overpowered by a flush of red to Amy's face as her hazel eyes met his blue. She decided not to call the police. He stumbled over his words, "Again, I'm really sorry. Last night is a blur and I have no idea how i ended up here, but if I caused you any trouble I can-" He was inturrupted by a voice from down the hall, "I'm going to work, take care of that dog!" The boy froze. "Alright, bye!" Amy called back. She laughed, "No, it's alright. If there was any damage Mom would have screamed at me by now." She turned to the glass doors on the back wall behind them, "I'll bet you found your way in through there." She stood. I should really lock those more often, she thought as she walked over to do so now. When she reached the handle, she noticed it was already locked.

Before she could comment, the boy said, "What's your name?" She turned, "Um, Amy. Rogers." she was still very nervous. Amy looked at the boy expectantly. He stared back blanky. After a moment she asked, "What about you?" The boy slumped back shyly, which looked funny for his height. "Oh right, my name. I'm Cloud." he mumbled. "What?" Amy giggled. "Cloud. My name is Cloud." he said, looking defeated. She could see he was beggining to blush, so she tried her hardest not to laugh.

She anxiously thought they should do something, but the town was very boring except for the nearby beach, but that was not an option for spending time with this strange boy. "So. Uh, want to step outside? Maybe take a walk?" she asked. Cloud look relieved at the idea of leaving the house "Yeah, cool."

Amy grabbed a jacket and her phone and headed for the door, catching a glimpse of the puppies in a box in the bathroom. "I'm going downstairs, Gregg!" she yelled. "Alright." her stepdad mumbled from his room. They stepped out onto the porch, the warm and salty summer breeze flowing through the patio greeted them as they walked to the stairs. As they made their way down, Amy's eyes flitted up to Cloud's stoic face.

Just as she tripped and began flying forward, with plenty of stairs to go.