~~~Chapter Four~~~

Amy's head was spinning. She read stories about supernatural hotties all her life. "You're like an actual werewolf? Are you the Alpha? Can I meet your pack leader? How old is he? Where do you hunt? Can you change whenever you want? Does it hurt? Can you make me a werewolf?" Her questions shot at him and poured from her lips like water, running together as if she were saying one long word. She had a policy of asking until she was answered.

As she went on, Cloud looked

overwhelmed. "Amy. Please." he said. His voice sounded very old, though he looked only a year or two older than Amy. "I just... need a minute to think."

Amy watched him as he lowered his head, looking defeated. His head was buried in his knees and resting on his arms. His dark curls fell in a heap on his head, pushed out of place. He has fantastic shoulders, she thought. This supermodel boy did not belong in the baggy orange T-shirt she gave him, and especially not the old tennis shorts she never wore. His uncovered legs looked like they were built not to sit curled up like this or even to walk. They were meant for running. Chasing.

Cloud sure did look like a werewolf.

Eventually he lifted his head and stared at the ground. Amy stayed silent, admiring the way his hair always managed to fall in a perfect yet different arrangement around his eyes. Maybe it's just his face, she pondered. She began thinking about how the shirt Cloud wore looked so different whenever her father had worn it. It hardly even looks like the same shirt. Much better looking now. She always liked the article though. She thought of how she'd have to return it this weekend at her father's house. If mom will let me go, she remembered. Tomorrow was Friday, and her mom would decide by then.

Cloud finally spoke, barely audible, "I have no where to go." Confused, Amy asked, "Where are you from? Maybe we could-" He cut her off, "I'm from... really really far away. I wish I could tell you, but the land is sacred... and I can never go back." She looked at him, stunned. "Why not?" He looked at her and sighed. "Last night, I was to prove my worth to the pack. On the first full moon after a Young's 16th birthday, they Change for the first time. At sunrise they blindfold you and take you to an unknown location where they untie and leave you. You must wait until your Change to find your way back using your natural instincts and surroundings. It's a test of your abilities. If you don't make it home before sunrise, well you're a lone wolf." He seemed to use a more mature manner of speech. "The worst part is, I never even chose a mate! No one will come looking for me!" He laughed in a sad sort of way, and began hitting his knee with his fist. "I'm so stupid! I don't know why I allowed my older brothers choose my location. I'm not even in line to become Alpha! They've just always hated me..." He was laughing harshly, and shook his head. "Without a mate I can't even start my own pack. Hell, if I had one I wouldn't know how to run it." Amy sat, speechless. She couldn't think of anyway to help him. Well, besides becoming his mate herself. In a second she'd run away with him, but she didn't think he could ever be interested.

"Look, I'm sorry. All I ever do is cause problems, I know that. So I'm gonna leave, alright." he said, standing up. "What? Where will you go?" she asked. "Who knows? I'll just do the only thing i'm good at: Hunting. Don't worry about me." he started to turn. "Wait!" Amy stood too quickly. The rush of blood to her head made her dizzy and darkened her vision for a moment. She started to fall but found herself in Clouds arms again, looking up at his very worried features. He's even beautiful when he's upset.

"Are you alright?" he asked, frantically. "Yeah, I'm just lightheaded." she said, standing up. Now they were inches apart. As they gazed into each others faces Amy knew she couldn't just let a hot boy who worries about her just walk out of her life, werewolf or not. She knew she had to at least propose the idea of being... mates. She let out a deep breath. I hope he doesn't think I'm some kind of weirdo, she worried.

"Cloud..." Where do I start? "I know we just met, and you're really special and I'm just... Amy, not to mention that you're really not-bad-looking..." He began to smile, slowly working his way to the biggest, toothiest grin she'd ever seen. It wasn't a hot boy grin, it was a genuine, big smile. He took both her hands and kneeled. From the flowers under the stairs came wild, white butterflies that danced around them like pixies, and the early morning sun lit up the sky. The clouds were like mountains, reflecting white, orange, blues, and pinks from the heavens. Cloud was looked like a dark, disheveled knight, and his eyes matched the blue of the new sky. "Amy, would you have me as your mate?" he asked through his goofy smile. Her smile widened and he stood. She jumped onto him and they kissed as the world began to awaken to a shining new day.